Chapter 37

Mason stared at her and his face was one of disbelief, "You are what?"

"I thought you were James, that's why I yelled that. I should have known better, my bad." Amelia started to turn away, but she heard James come in.

"You are who's girlfriend?" James asked

"Dante officially asked me tonight to be his girlfriend." Amelia carried on trying to not make it sound weird whatsoever, as she had already yelled it to the wrong person.

James looked surprised, "So is this my potential brother-in-law?"

Amelia saw Mason's jaw working but she ignored it, it may not even be about her so there was no point in noticing all these tiny details.

"Yeah, you now have competition on who will be the best brother in the family."

"Could you two stop it?" Mason snapped at them.

James laughed, "Don't worry you won't be left out Mason, you are a sibling to us too. Right, Amelia?"

"Yeah," Amelia added enthusiastically.

Mason didn't seem too thrilled but Amelia saw that he masked it well, "If you say so."

"Okay give us a second to change Pebbles and we are going to be with you. You seem excited." James replied.

Mason and James went and changed into comfortable clothing and they found her in the living room. They sat down and James turned to her, "So tell us about everything girlfriend."

Amelia and Mason burst out laughing, "Okay so."

Amelia told them vague details as to how it happened and omitted the PDA that had happened between her and Dante as that was private information.

"He better not hurt you or else your brothers are coming to the rescue," said James.

"I feel so much better with you saying that but Dante won't he is a proper gentleman."

"Ohhhh that makes it more interesting." James probed. "Feel free to make fun of her Mason if you want to."

Mason didn't even make any effort, "Hopefully she won't get bored or move on too quick then she would be like us."

James laughed but Amelia knew that Mason had just taken a huge dig at her and he seemed to not want to let it go. Amelia had to restrain herself and practice patience, she was with Dante and this should not affect her.

"Yeah I might become a serial playgirl, I will pull in all your friends."

Mason looked pissed at her response and James laughed in disbelief, "Nope Amelia don't even start."

"What's the matter James, scared of a bit of competition? Who knows I might take your girls too whilst I'm at it. Call me Mr steal your girl."

James laughed outright and Mason caved a bit, "Okay Mr hotshot, get I guess." James replied.

Amelia chuckled, "You wait and see. I will conquer them all, wait for Cindy and I will conquer them all."

"You and Cindy?"

"Cindy?" James replied.

"Yeah Cindy is my friend, you met her at the double date dinner."

James nodded, "Oh is that the only friend you have?"

"She is the only one I need." Amelia

"Maybe I could..."

Amelia cut off James, "No she is my best friend."

"Geez I was playing, I respect your boundaries," James replied.

Amelia knew then and there how much she and Mason had messed up.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava