21🔥

L Y D I A

I was woken up by Valerio twisting and turning next to me. The moment I touched his hands he jumped up.

"It's me," I said before he could grab my wrist out of panic

"It's me," I said and he looked around. He looked at me before looking down at my wrists.

Relief flashed through his eyes as he looked back into my eyes.

"It's okay," I smiled and he pulled me into his chest. His heart was racing and his breathing was heavy.

After he calmed down we both laid down. His hands snaked around me and I rested my head on his chest.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as he ran his fingers up and down my arm.

"Yes," he answered

"What are your nightmares about?" I asked and his movement halt. I heard his heart beat quickens and I took his hand

"It okay, I'm sorry for asking-"

"No it's okay" he said I looked up at him.

"I was forced into this life I didn't have a choice. My father would punish me in the most horrible way you can think of. If I slipped up or if I get tired from training he would beat me for being weak. I mostly dream about the night my father forced me into killing a guy and the night I almost killed my sister-" he stopped mid sentence and I hugged him.

"It's okay," I said.

"We don't have to talk about it anymore," I said. He soon fell asleep and I looked at the clock it was 4:57 a.m.

I was about to pulled away from his hold when he let out a groan.

"Where are you going?" he asked

Seriously I thought he was asleep

"I need some water,"

"Okay I can go get it for you-"

"No Valerio. I can do it, go back to my sleep," I said

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go back to sleep. I'll be right back," I said and he looked into my eyes before releasing me.

I pulled the cover up to his chest and placed a kiss on his forehead.

I got up and brushed my teeth before going to the kitchen. I started making waffles when he walked in.

"Why are you not in bed?" I asked with a frown

"Because you're not in it," he answered and I smiled.

He came behind me before wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What are you making?" he asked while resting his chin on my head.

Yep, I'm that short

Or he's that tall.