53

V A L E R I O

"The party is down there" I said to Valicia

She was sitting the bow pulpit alone.

"Come on Valicia it's your party" I said and she gave me a small smile before climbing off the rails.

I was about to walk away but she grabbed my hand.

"Can I talk to you for second?" She asked

"Yeah sure" I said and she took a deep breath.

"My therapist keep saying that I need to talk to someone about the past plus we haven't talked yet"

"The reason I ran away was because I found out I was pregnant and when I told mom she said that father would have me abort the child so I ran away. At first I didn't want to abort the child because in my head Jackson loved me and I loved him so together we would have loved our baby just as much"

"I should have listened to you when you said he didn't love me and that he was only using me" she said and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Valicia-"

"No let me finish. I really need to talk about it" she said and I nod.

"After I told him I was pregnant he started hurting me physically. He was stronger than me and I was just a weak foolish little girl who thought she was inlove"

That son of bitch better thank God he's dead.

"Jackson turned into a real monster after I told him. It opened my eyes because clearly I was blinded. A while passed and he had to accept the fact that I was carrying his heir but I couldn't. I just couldn't do it. So I got some pills from the pharmacy and I took them that day with tears in my eyes" She said and tears started streaming down her cheeks.

"I was hoping that dad would have killed be himself that night because if Jackson had found out what I did he wouldn't have any more use for me so he would have killed me" she said and I took her trembling hands.

"Valerio even if I didn't fall over those rails I still wouldn't have had the baby-"

Pulling her into my arms she broke down.

"Valeria was right I wasn't ready for a baby, I wasn't even ready for a boyfriend. I was fifteen and naive. You were all right" she cried.

Rubbing her back I tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away.

My little sister was in pain and there was nothing I could do to take it away.

Few minutes passed and she pulled away.

"Hey babe-"

Looking up I saw Lydia. She looked at me before looking at Valicia.

"I'm sorry" she said while turning to walk away.

"No it's okay Lydia really" Valicia said and Lydia turned back to us.

Lydia walked towards me and I wrapped my arms around her. Valicia wiped her tears and Carter came up to us.

"So when's our flight" Carter asked

"Nine a.m." I answered

"Your going to Italy. Why?" Valicia asked Carter

"Yes we are. We have business to attend to" he said while pointing at her her