24

L Y D I A

(Four weeks later)

Mom was buried two days ago and we were now packing up her things.

"You can come to Italy you know," I said to Ash as we packed most of mom's stuff into a large boxes.

"And do what?"

"You can finish college and get a job," I said and he sighed.

"I don't know sis," he said and Valerio walked in.

He was wearing a black tank top and grey sweatpants.

"Hey," I gave him a small smile and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"You guys need help?" he asked

"No, these are you last boxes" I said as I looked around the room.

"Oh there's some people downstairs. They said their here about the house"

"What? Why?" I said

"I'm selling the house," Ash said

"What?"

"I'm selling the house Ly," he repeats

"But mom loved this house, I love this house,"

"We'll talk about this later" he said before walking out.

"No Ash,"

"Baby it's okay-"

"No it's not Valerio. He can't just sell the house. Mom loved it, I mean she bought it ten years ago after her divorce. This house has so many good and happy memories of the three of us," I said as tears formed in my eyes.

I shove the box I was packing off the table and it fell before I heard glass breaking.

"Fuck," I said and was about to bend down.

"It's okay I'll do it" Valerio said before bending down.

He picked up the box and the glasses of a picture frame was now broken. It was a image of mom and I when I was around eight years old.

He gave me the frame before a note fell out.

I opened the note before reading it

"Dear Lydia. Incase and your reading this it means that I have passed away. We always said we would win this fight but even though I'm not with you anymore it doesn't mean we lost. I won because I had you and Ash with me and I thank God for you both"

Tears we now running down my cheeks and I sat down.

"There's something I wished I could tell you when I was alive but I was a coward. Sweetheart Abram is not your father and that is why he did what he did to you when he found out. Your biological father is out there somewhere and so is Luna. I'm sorry I failed you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you this when I was alive. I'm sorry. I love you Lydia forever and always love mom" I finished reading the note and Valerio wrapped his arms around me.