35) Study group

3rd POV

*Story world*

Once upon a time, there lived four siblings. Mu-chan, Ko-chan, Kei-chan and Sei-chan. Ko-chan cast a spell and used magic.

''Raffire.'' Chant Ko-chan and make some fire come our of his hand.

This is called verbal magic. It covers many types of spells.

Ko-chan move the fire and start the small camp fire, but it is too small, so Mu-chan come to help and make the campfire become big. 

Mu-chan can use magic without verbalizing the spell. This is called mental magic, and it requires a lot of training.

Inside the house is Kei-chan making pancake set appear from her pockets. 

Kei-chan has special magic that only she can use. This is called bloodline magic. With enough practice, can it be made even stronger.

''What a mess.'' Says Sei-chan and have her ribbons move around and clean up the messy room.

Sei-chan has artifact tools, which can either be given by one of the thirteen crowns, the great three or her own parents. Magical artifact tool is otherwise forbidden without a licens paper of approval. 

The four siblings are then eating pancakes outside on a picnic carpet.

The four siblings have different kinds of magic, so they live happily together while helping each other out. These are the basics of magic.

*End of story*

''I understand this.'' Exclaim Iruma shocked after reading a picture book made by Balam. Zoey chuckle beside him, waited to see his reaction, but she then see the mini version of her and look at the teacher.

''Why did you add me to it?'' Ask Zoey curious of his choice.

''Because of your ribbons, that your father made for your protection.'' Explain Balam and point at the gem on her ribbons. ''Those gems are soul gems, also an magical artifact.''

''Did you really write this, Balam-sensei?'' Ask Iruma amazed and look at Balam. ''That is so cool. And it is so cute.''

''I have always loved picture books. I even create some on my own as a hobby.'' Inform Balam to Iruma, super glad that someone likes his works. ''I try to show the others, but everyone always seems to run away.''

''But it must have been a lot of work to make this.'' Says Iruma with a small chuckle and look at the book.

''What are you talking about?'' Says Balam confused at that and get a little hyper. ''You need to know more about the netherworld to protect yourself. I will make you picture books for the other subjects too, so make sure you read them.''

''Calm down, Balam-sensei.'' Says Zoey and have her ribbons make Balam move away from Iruma. Later on, with club activates, try Clara helping Iruma by singing and use some fans that sprout water out. And that is not the only trick Iruma got to learn. He played a video game, inspired by something that really happen. And Zoey even thought him with her trick of remembering things she learned, and that is to combine it with something he knows or something that is similar in the human world, like the demon dodge ball is like human dodge ball.

*Time skip*

''And stop.'' Called Alice, making Iruma and Clara stop writing on a piece of paper. Zoey is just standing beside Alice and take Clara's paper, while he takes Iruma. They took a small pre test to see how they are doing after days filled with study. And the result...

''I-I got more right answers than wrong ones.'' Cheered Iruma happy of his 55 points.

''Though this is a mock exam, you have scored above a failing grade of 40.'' Praise Alice of Iruma's accomplishment. ''Next, we should shoot for 100.''

''Hmm. Well done improving so much.'' Praise Clara in a weird voice, acting as a professor. ''You have made this professor proud.

''Iruma-sama. Don't let her fool you.'' Says Alice and show Clara's paper, which has the number 58. A little higher, but not much. ''The 'professor' only got a 58. She is not better than you.''

''Only slight.'' Mock Zoey with a small laugh and pat Iruma's shoulder. ''Come on, let's get back to Royal One.''

''Hai.'' Says Iruma as the four walk towards their classroom. But when they enter, where they in for a surprise.

''THEY ARE ACTUALLY STUDYING.'' Exclaim Iruma and Alice shocked at the sight of their classmate, actually trying to pass the exam.

''What changed your mind of studying?'' Ask Zoey surprised too, but more calmly.

''Yeah, well...'' Hesitate Shax.

''We are suddenly interested in studying now.'' Admit Goemon, with Elizabetta blushing a little.

''We feel like we can do this.'' Add Elizabetta, looking slightly away.

''I put together all the ways to figure out the calculations.'' Inform Jazz, showing a piece of paper.

''Nice. I got some hints from Orias-sensei about the exams. Let's trade.'' Inform Shax with his small notes.

''I would like to see, too.'' Says Goemon to the two.

''Let's compare notes then.'' Suggest Sabnock and place two tables to the middle of the room. Everyone gather around it and bring out their own notes.

''Never thought I would see this.'' Admit Zoey with a smile and join them, sitting beside Iruma. Everyone start helping each other with something they have a hard time understanding, which is good.

''Zoey-kun, please teach us about artifacts.'' Ask Jazz kindly to her.

''Sure.'' Agree Zoey and use her ribbons to demonstrate as she talks.

*Time skip*

It is now the day of the exam, and the tension is high. Everyone is completely focusing on the exam, some are having a hard time answering, while some doesn't. After a long and tens hour, is the paper being gathered together to be scored and the students have to wait for an entire day, before the teacher Naberius Kalego returned the papers.

''I will now return the end-of-terminus exams you took the other day.'' Inform Kalego, but got some complaints from the students that they don't feel ready to hear the result. Kalego patiently wait for room to speak, but the students keep complaining.

''Take it like a demon.'' Called out Zoey and use her ribbons to wrap around their mouth, to make them quite.

''It is extremely unfortunate. The number of students who failed and must take supplementary classes...'' Start Kalego and build up the attention. ''Is zero. Tch.''

''YEAH.'' Cheered the class happily of their succes. ''WE ARE ALL SAFE.'' While everyone is partying and start planning for the vacation, is Zoey calmly staying quite.

''SILENCE.'' Yell Kalego and make them shut up and point at Shax, Goemon and Caim. ''You three. Line up. Any Alefs, who scored above average will be moving up to Bet. Alocer has gone from Alef to Gimel. He scored the highest in his grade along side Madeline.'' The class quickly start congratulate those who raised their rank. Zoey just smiled and stand up and walk over to Iruma and Alice, wrapping her arms around his left, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

''I am glad that no one will be left behind.'' Says Zoey and got an agreement from Alice, right after he cried tears. Zoey can easily guess it is about Iruma's talent around people.

''Iruma.'' Called Kalego, ignoring the noises in the classroom. But his call make everyone go quite. ''The one whose score improved the most on this last exam... is you. You didn't quite reach a new rank, though.''

''Thank you so much.'' Thanked Iruma and look at his paper. ''Um, Sensei... I am going out for a bit.'' And with that, he ran out of the classroom.

''Hey. Where do you think you are going?'' Yell Kalego at Iruma, but it was too late. ''Madeline, get him.''

''Hai, hai, sensei.'' Says Madeline and go after Iruma, but made one of her leg ribbons collect her exam paper.