6) Ranked

Zoey POV

As punishment for being that late and for breaking a rule by entering the Cutthroat Valley, is the two of them sitting in the corner with a sign saying 'reflecting' on Iruma's, while Sabnock's says 'I won't break my promise again'. They also has to be the last one to get their ranks. 

''I will now announce your ranks.'' Announce Kalego-sensei. Then a three eyed owl on Kalego-sensei's arm. ''This is a Rank Owl. He was watching and examining your every move. If you put your hand into the pocket on his belly, will he give you your ranking badge, like this.'' Kalego-sensei demostrate by pulling one out, his own ranking badge. He then look at the two last. ''You filth who came in last will be last to get ranked, as well.'' And to make it worse, trow Clara some rocks at Sabnock and mumble 'you suck' at him. The other students just laugh at the sight. ''That should teach you a lesson. Enjoy having everyone laugh and throw rocks at you.''

''Just how spiteful are you?'' Yelled Sabnock unhappy about this.

''Everyone get lined up. Madeline, I want you to be the first one, even though it was Asmodeus who came first.'' I nodded at sensei and walk up to the owl. I put my hand inside and pull out my badge.

''A-A He.'' I said out loud shocked. That is number five of the rank list.

''Unbelievable. She got a He and she didn't even do the race.'' Says Elizabetta surprised to along with the others.

''That is because of her family blood. I expected her to get a Dalet, but a He is not so surprising either.'' Answered Kalego-sensei and wrote it down. I step aside and let Alice get his badge. He gets a Dalet, a ranked four. Normally would a first year get Alef or Bet, the first and second rank. The result of the ranks is. Jazz got, Gimel (3). Kerori got Bet. The same with Soi, the silent one that always look away. Clara got surprisingly a Gimel. Kamui got Alef, the same with Shax, Elizabetta, Goemon, Ageres and Allocer the lion. Sabnock pulled out a Bet, even though he went through that dangerous Valley. The moment Iruma tries to get his, cried the Ranked Owl after thousand of years of silent, and fly away.

''Ah. But I didn't get my badge... yet...'' Exclaim Iruma and then notice the others looking at his middle finger.

''Iruma-sama...'' Alice try to talk, but he is lost for words.

''Iruma-chi, what is that?'' Ask Clara simply. Iruma didn't understand until he saw what is on his finger. A golden ring with a dark aura. He tries to take it off, but it won't go off. He then try to get close to someone for help, but everyone step away from something else. Elizabetta was sweet enough to tell him. That is where he notice that cat like shadow on his right shoulders... And start panic.

''Panicking won't work, Iruma.'' I called, but got totally ignored. He run around and scream in fear of that thing.

''H-H-H-Help me.'' Scream Iruma and shake the shadow thing.

''Please calm down, Iruma-sama.'' Try Alice to, but also got ignored.

''Wait, no. What is this? I don't want it. I don't want it. I don't want it. Get it off of me, sensei.'' Panicked Iruma like a baby and run after Kalego-sensei.

''Stop waving that thing around.'' Yelled Kalego-sensei and run away from distance. Then to make it all worse, start that thing to scream, paining us all with it's screech.

''What the hell?'' Ask Shax and cover his ear along with us all. We are all on the ground cause we are focusing on keeping the scream out.

''It is like a dying scream, gozarou.'' Says Goemon.

''A-Are you all okay?'' Ask Iruma, who isn't effected by the scream.

''You are somehow okay, Iruma-kun. If you are okay then make that thing stop screaming already.'' Says Shax in pain.