5) Flying test

Zoey POV

It's morning and Iruma, as always, eat a lot. I am starting to wonder why he hasn't got fatter by now, whit all that food he has been eating.I just eat a scramble æg, made by demon mini birds and some cooked meat stripes (Bacon)

''Have some more Hell Grey tea.'' Says dad and held up a new potion of tea into Iruma's cup. 

''Thank you.'' Thanked Iruma and continue eating.

''Iruma-kun, Zoey-chan. We will be announcing classes today, and I made sure to put you both in a special class.'' Inform uncle Sullivan.

''Special?'' Ask Iruma confused.

''Well, you mentioned that you didn't want to stand out, so grandpa made your wish come true.'' Added uncle Sullivan as a chibi again.

''Th-Thank you for going to the trouble for me.'' Thanked Iruma a little happy I see.

''Yeah, thank you uncle Sullivan.'' I thanked to.

''No, no, Zoey-chan. I want you to call me uncle Sulli, just when we are home.'' Scolded uncle Sulliva- I mean, uncle Sulli. That is when we hear Clara and Alice call outside the house. ''I put your friends in the same class, too. You will be in the Misfit Class.''

''Misfit? As in trouble makers? Do you think I am a trouble maker?'' I ask shocked that my own uncle would think about that.

''No, no. All us teachers agreed that your ribbons and family ability needed to be under survaliance, and as to not make the ribbons go out of control, would you be with someone that is kind of similar to you.'' Explain uncle, which make me a little more better of the situation.

''Thank for thinking about me.'' I bowed my head, then stand up along with Iruma. We wave bye and run to Alice and Clara, and then walk to school, as usual. On the way, told Iruma Alice and Clara about the class assignment.

''I am in the same class as you, Iruma-sama? That makes me so happy.'' Says Alice happy.

''The only problem is that it's a class called the Misfit Class, and it's filled with a bunch of troublemakers.'' Informed Iruma

''Iruma-sama. As long as I am in the same class as you, there is nothing more I could ask for. It will be the best class.'' Insure Alice, which make me role my eyes. He can't say that without meeting the other classmates. Iruma agreed and continue walking. ''Come to think of it, why do you walk to school, Iruma-sama?''

''Because this walk to school will wake him fully up. That hell clock is only to get out of bed, but not get the sleep out of his eyes.'' I said quickly and make it sound as normal as possible.

''Yeah, that is right... So you and Clara can fly?'' Ask Iruma, making me hit my face. IDIOT.

''But of course. All demons can fly.'' Pointed Alice out and smirk of his own knowlegde. 

''I can't.'' I honestly raised my hand and shock both Alice and Iruma. ''Don't ask.'' I quickly said and run up to Clara, so she won't get to far. I then remember something. ''I need to get something, we meet in class.''

''Okay, see you.'' Called Iruma and wave bye.

''Bye, bye.'' Wave Clara as I run all the way to the school and into the infirmary.

''I am here for my licens.'' I told the nurse. She nodded and write something down.

*Time skip*

I walk down the path down to our class. Apparently is it just by the trash pit. How wonderful, NOT. I open the door and step inside, then suddenly got covered by my ribbons, like a cocoon. 

''What the..?'' I ask to myself. The ribbons slowly open up, and I see a lot of weapons on the floor. I quickly then stroke my right gem and talk to them mentally, that it probably was a joke or something, just so they won't go crazy.

''Pull those traps down right now.'' I look up and see Kalego-sensei. He is probably our homeroom teacher. ''You are late, Madeline.''

''Gome, but I have a good reason.'' I apologized and gave him the paper I got from the infirmary. He looked at it and nodded at the result.

''We are just about to go, follow me.'' I nodded and follow Kalego-sensei further down to two elevator transporter. It transported us to a open island in no where. ''Your ranks will be determined by the familiar-summoning exam conducted preciously, along with this race. The goal is the flag that sits atop a heugh covered in mist far beyond this valley. I will now explain the course.'' Then he called out that cute heart demon lesson thing.

''I will now explain the course. It's a bit longer, but you can take the chill relaxing route through Warbling Valley. And then there is the Cuttroat Valley course. There are lots of dangers and traps along the way. Beware of the countless mountains and the demon birds that are trying to protect their nests. Okay, then. Let's g-'' And Kalego-sensei step that mirror down to the ground. I slowly step back and go near the transporters as Kalego-sensei explain that the shortest rute is closed.

''All of you, get ready.'' Start Kalego-sensei. All student's, except Iruma, got their wings out.

''Oi, oi, oi, why isn't Zoey participating?'' Ask Jazz and pointed at me. Yes, I know their names. I took a peek through Kalego-sensei's book.

''She is dismissed from using her wings. She got an approve from the demon doctors.'' Answered Kalego-sensei and show them my paper. 

''That is totally unfair.'' Complain Shax and fly closer to me. Our of refleks, moved the ribbons on their own and gem is now yellow.

''Oh, no.'' I muttered as the ribbons captured Shax and Jazz, squeezing them.

''Oi, get those under control, Madeline.'' Says Kalego-sensei, but nice as to not be a treat to me. I know talking telepathic won't work.

''They didn't mean to act as a treat to me. They are just surprised to know I won't participate in the race. They didn't want to hurt me, right Shax? Jazz?'' I say and look at the two.

''Yeah, just surprised that's all.'' Says Jazz.

''Hm, I just wanna see the paper up close, not going to hurt Zoey.'' Says Shax. The yellow gem turn back to blue and the ribbons let go of the two.

''I am really sorry about this.'' I apologized and bowed to them. ''Please remember that these will act on their own to protect me, so any kind of treat towards me will be attacked by them.''

''Understood.'' Mumble the two, as the others just remember that.

''Now, let's get back to the race. All of you, get ready. We will now begin the flying race. Ready... go.'' All the students fly off with full speed, and that is where I remember something again.

''I totally forgot Iruma can't fly.'' I thought and see Iruma stumble to the edge because of the wind. Just as I thought he will skip this too, push Kalego-sensei him over the edge. ''IRUMA.'' I yelled for him. I was about to go get him, when Kalego-sensei grab the back of my shirt and dragged me to the elevator, then transport to the island with the flag. ''Are you crazy, Kalego-sensei?''

''All demons can fly, and if they don't have a licens like yours, shall they compete. No excuse.'' Says Kalego-sensei and sit down in front of the monitor. He get's a cup of Hell Grey tea from one of the monitor birds, and start the mirror-vision.

''I can't blow Iruma's identity by continue arguing. I hope he will make it somehow.''

*Time skip*

It is sun down and everyone, except two, has arrived at the island.

''Iruma-chi. Did you get lost? Hey, Iruma-chi.'' Called Clara and lean back and forth on the flag.

''Silence. The lesson is now over. I will now announce the ranks.'' Says Kalego-sensei and erased Iruma's name on his list.

''Hold it. Iruma-sama isn't here yet.'' Argued Alice.

''Those who do not return will be abandoned.'' Says Kalego-sensei as in matter of fact. Then the wind gets up and we all see a giant bird coming towards us, with both Iruma and Sabnock. I sighed out in relieve. 

''He made it.'' I thought and joined in welcoming them.