~28~

"if you spare me just this once, I promise I'll quit this life of crime"

•••

Jor'Dae's POV

"Open the gate.. don't make me kill you sir" I said pointing the gun at the man who decided rather to let you in or out of the penthouse.

He looked down at my hand & seen blood, looking back at me.

"I killed Jario" I said with a raspy voice. He looked in my eyes & raised his hands above his head.

"Don't kill me ma'am. I'm just doing my job" He said in a rocky voice. Everybody around here looked up to Jah. The fact that I killed him would scare the whole city.

Well everybody expect the twins, Jalon & Sir.

I nodded my head up and down while pointing towards his head with a gun I had took before fleeing the pent.

"Last time asking. Open the damn gate!" I began to scream. At this point I was frustrated. I did what needed to be done, But I still was human. I had never killed anyone.

Ay wouldn't dare forgive me for the murder of her father. I could hear the anger & screaming from when Eva found him dead on the floor & it honestly made my heart break.

"Okay okay.. Dont shoot" He said, slowly moving towards the buttons. The gates opened, leaving me to make a run for it.

I nodded my head as a thanks before walking backwards to make sure he didn't sneak me from behind. Once I realized I had made it, I lowered the gun.

"thanks sir" I said, blowing my hair from my face. I ran as fast as I could to traffic while beginning to panic.

"Where is the fucker" I mumbled to myself, he told me he'd be at the corner of the gas station that was a few blocks from the Pent & there, he'd pick me up in his 2016 BMW.

He was nowhere to be found. The plan was going to shit! & if he didn't find me within the next 30 seconds, Eva would.

"Shit he's taking too long" I said to myself, putting my hands on my forehead & searching around.

"AYE" a voice from behind called out to me. Instantly I began to run. The voice wasn't comforting. It didn't sound like someone that Zion had sent for me.

It was a voice full of anger & hurt. I knew from the jump it had to be one of Jah's people.

I ran for my life. It was the fastest i had ever been, but not fast enough.

Suddenly I was pushed back so hard, that I could hear a bone fraction. The gun flew from my hand & my body froze in shock & from a sudden struck of pain.

My mouth dropped & I reached down to my leg, screaming in agony.

"Bitch you thought you'd get away with this shìt?"  Eva spat at me. I had never seen this side of her. At first sight she looked even more mean than her sister.

I had also hit my head when I had been pushed down, so I was spinning a bit. Words were a blur & at this point I could feel my own heartbeat.

"You dirty BITCH. I thought we were friends" she angrily yelled.

"We are friends" I replied looking at the gun in her hand. She shook her head & took in her bottom lip.

"I thought so too.. I'd protect you with my life. But I'd never chose you over my family... Die slow bitch"

I heard one click, But it didn't come from her so obviously someone else had caught up.

Within a blink, blood came from my mouth, my chest felt like it had been ripped out by a lion.