Part 2

TW: nightmares, past trauma.

Nat POV.
'Stop. Please stop! Let me go! Stop!' I heard a loud shout from the living room, Y/N!
I grabbed a hoodie and threw it on whilst running into the living room. Y/n was huddled in a ball on the couch, no longer screaming but letting out little whimpers with their eyes shut tight as they trembled. "Please, stop, please, please, please don't!" They cried desperately, I could barely understand their pleas over the sobs. I had never seen or heard anything like it in my life.

"Y/n, dorogoy", I whispered gently but they couldn't hear me over their distress. I tried waking them again, this time it worked, they sat up with a start cowering from me. 'It's okay. Шшш... не плачь, малышка.' (Shh... don't cry little one) The sobs started to die down but they were still whining into the couch cushions, hugging their knees, gently rocking back and forth. "Natasha." Their voice was broken and fearful, I crouched on the floor in front of them. I reached my hand towards them but they flinched and hid their face into the cushion, the trembling intensifying, I immediately pulled away.

"Hey, love", a gentle voice appeared in the corner. "Did you have a nightmare?" Wanda asked they shut their eyes tightly as if they were remembering their dream and were trying to escape seeing it, they looked down and nodded as more tears fell.

"What do you need, dorogoy?" I asked hopelessly, trying to work out what to do. 'Go back to bed' they whispered, their voice barely holding together. I knew for a fact I was not going back to bed until you knew they were safe and happy. "We're not going anywhere." They gave me a desperate look before letting out a quiet sob, turning their head to muffle it into the cushions. 'I don't want you to see me like this I'll get in trouble and they'll hurt me again.' They whimpered, shivering again. I gave them a soft smile, 'you have nothing to be ashamed of we all get scared sometimes and no one else is here. It's just me and Wanda we won't let anyone hurt you. We promise.' Wanda nodded and y/n gave a half smile. 'Okay I believe you. I'm okay now.' They were still trying to seem strong and fearless, so that they wouldn't be punished. This behavior was definitely something they had learnt Hydra, and of course me and Wanda saw right through it to what they really were a broken kid who deserved better. 'Would you like to go back to bed? You could sleep in my bed with me.' They shook their head hastily.

'I don't want to sleep' they sobbed they were way to scared. Throughout the interaction   Wanda had been inching closer to y/n trying not to scare them, this time y/n saw and shook their head frantically. 'No. No please don't make me sleep!' I held my hand up blocking Wanda from coming closer. 'You heard them Wanda no magic.' Wanda nodded and crouched down beside me but also slightly further back. 'We don't have to sleep. We can hang out, watch a movie, go for a walk.' I explained they seemed to enjoy that idea more. I walked away and turned on the main lights, noticing how y/ns eyes followed you as if to make sure I wasn't leaving.

'Movie.' Y/n whispered so softly I could barely make out what they said. 'Okay we can watch a movie. I turned on the tv and flicked through the movies until y/n spotted one they liked. 'This one?' Y/n nodded so I put it on, me and Wanda sat either side of them. 'Thanks.' Y/n whispered and me and Wanda smiled at them. 'No problem dorogoy.' We finished watching the movie but y/n was getting more tired. 'Can we go for a walk?' Y/n asked with a sudden burst of energy. 'Why don't we watch another movie and relax?' I asked Wanda hummed in agreement we were both extremely tired. 'Okay fine' they played another movie and around twenty minutes in Wanda fell asleep, I followed soon after still exhausted from the mission the day before. I assumed the movie hand finished because I felt something moving on the couch and I saw y/n sneaking away. 'Where are you going?' Y/n scrunched their face knowing they were caught. "Just go back to sleep" they tried, in a barely audible tone, I shook her head lightly before sitting up. "Where are you going?" I asked again, slightly louder.

"Nowhere, just getting some water" they smiled "I've got water right here", I smiled holding out a bottle from the side table. Y/n grabbed the bottle and hesitantly took a couple of small sips pausing between each one waiting for any kind of reaction. They mumbled a 'thanks' and turned to leave. "Where are you going?" I asked again smirking as they searched for an excuse. "To get some air" they stated, finally finding a reason to get out of the comfy seats.

"I'll come with." I said abruptly, leaving no room to refuse. "No, you don't have to. I know you're tired" Y/n got in the elevator made their way to the rooftop so I followed. 'It's cold out here.' I whispered from a distance attempting to break the silence whilst still alerting them I was there. 'Mhm.' They didn't give much of a response they were just sat there cross legged staring into the distance. 'Here if you get sick I'll feel bad so.' I threw the blanket over their right shoulder then pulled it over my left one to shield us from the nearly freezing night air.