Part 23

Hi : )

"We should go find y/n." Nat whispered their foreheads still pressed together. "Mhm." Wanda hummed but neither of them moved, nor bothered to open their eyes.

"I'm sorry." Nat whispered softly, feeling slightly scared she had just ruined their friendship.  "I'm not." Wanda smirked opening her eyes and kissing the russian for the second time.

Nat pulled away, quickly getting off the bed. "Nat." Wanda tried grabbing the Russian's hand but the spy pulled away, leaving without a word.

"Y/n?" Nat called out searching for her little. "Mama!" Y/n cheered doing grabby hands for the redhead. "There's my baby." Nat chuckled picking them up and placing a kiss on their cheek. "What were you trying to show me before?"

Y/n pointed over to the table where a pile of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were laid out. Nat teared up at the sight. "No wike it mama?" Y/n asked slightly disappointed but the redhead shook her head. "Mama loves it baby it's just peanut butter jelly sandwiches have a special meaning to your mama. They remind me of someone special."

"Who dat mama?" Y/n asked as the Russian sat them at the table. She was about to reply when the Sokovian walked in, sharing a sad glance with the Russian before looking away.

Nat's heart sank, she really had messed it all up.

"Thank you guys." Nat smiled slightly, sitting down herself. Wanda followed, opting to sit opposite you.

"Who is it mama?" You asked again watching her contemplate telling you.

"Her name was Yelena, we grew up together." Natasha admitted before taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Where is lena mama?" Nat tried to hold back the tears as she whispered. "I don't know." Before going back to her sandwich as if nothing happened. Wanda offered her a reassuring smile but the russian shook her head.

"Y/n sweetheart could you give us a minute." Wanda signaled for Natasha to get up and the two left to the kitchen.

"Is she still alive? Maybe we could find her." Wanda asked with a hopeful smile.

"I don't know, to be honest I don't think I want to find her." Natasha admitted biting the inside of her cheek. "Why not? She obviously means a lot to you."

"The last time I saw her, we were hiding in the red room waiting to escape, she was crying and begging me not to leave. I didn't listen and by the time I came back to help her she was gone, I never saw her again or..." Nat trailed off as the tears began to flow down her face.

"Natasha you can't blame yourself for that." Wanda frowned, wrapping her arms around the Russian. "This is how we got into this mess in the first place." The redhead sobbed into Wanda's neck.

"Well im still hugging you whether you like it or not. I promise I wont kiss you though." Wanda chuckled still holding a firm hold on the Russian.

In that moment the pair of them had felt a shift in their relationship, sure the attraction was always there but something about recent events had only brought them closer.

A revelation that terrified the pair.

As the week went on they still maintained their "best friends" title yet they both knew they were past a friendship.

Whatever you call kissing then not talking about it until it happens over and over again is what happened between them.

In fact it got to the point that Wanda would walk over to the Russian and kiss her just to see the flustered look on her face before walking away with a smirk.

Or the infamous Stark after party kisses on the balcony that they labelled a "drunken mistake."

The time that Nat came to sleep in Wanda's bed during the thunderstorm because "her window was broken and her room was too cold." Wanda of course knew the Russian was just scared of the storm but didn't mention it.

Nor did she mention when Nat gave her a quick peck then curled up against her. They never spoke of the warmth they felt around each other or the obvious change to their situation.

At least until one night, Natasha was expected home from a mission 76 hours before yet still had yet to return. (3 days and 4 hours)

Wanda was getting more and more panicked until she felt a buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out looking at the name. "Nat ❤" She answred as fast as she could bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hey." A soft voice came through the phone. "Nat." Wanda sobbed with relief hearing the Russian's voice. "Hey Wands." Nat chuckled yet she too had tears in her eyes.

"H-How are you? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need help?" This time Nat laughed a little louder. "I'm fine, yes  I'm okay, I'm not hurt that bad and yes, I do need help."

"You need help? Couldn't you have lead with that?!" Wanda huffed pacimg around the room. "Why do you think I called you?" Nat asked sarcastically. "Oh I don't know maybe to ask how I was after you abandoned me for a stupid mission or maybe to explain why the hell your still not home!"

"It's not a stupid mission, I will tell you that. It's taking longer than I expected and I'm sorry for that but I really do need your help." Wanda sighed rolling her eyes at the russian. "Okay what do you need help with?"

"I need a hug." Nat sighed.

"A hug? You called me at 2am to ask for a hug?" Wanda ran her hands through her hair noticing how fast her heart was beating.

"Yeah I miss you- your hugs and y/n's hug. I just need a fucking hug okay so I need you to come hug me."

"You really think I'm going to wake y/n up in the middle of the night and take them out to the jet just to come see you?" Wanda asked already heading to the little's room.

"Judging by the sound of y/n's door opening I think that's a yes." Nat snirked. "Alright I will see you soon."

"Mhm it's a good thing I love you." Wanda said before freezing, mentally facepalming. "I guess it is I get hugs and I don't even have to leave Russia."

"I'm sorry YOU'RE IN RUSSIA?" Wanda borderline shouted, cringing as she looked over at y/n thankful that she didnt wake them.

"Yeah."

"Okay I'm going to go wake y/n and regret taking this phone call I will see you later."

"It's the middle of the night why are you answering the phone?"

"Because its you? And i thought you actually needed help." Wanda groaned. "I did i told you I'm touch deprived anyway I have to go I'm tired bye." The pair said their goodbyes before hanging up.

"Y/n can you wake up for me detka. We're gonna go see mama." Wanda said softly, rubbing y/n's back. The little sat up rubbing their eye. "Mama wants some cuddles so were going to go rescue her. Do you want to go to Russia and see mama?" Y/n gave an excited nod. "Wan hugs."

"Alright lets go save your mama." Wanda chuckled liftong y/n onto her hip.

As always leave suggestions in the comments. Hope you enjoyed this : )
This isnt proofread cos its 3 am and im on 4% so if its bad sorry.
See ya