part 8

'Nat go to bed.' Steve tapped her shoulder. 'Not tired.' She mumbled staring at the computer screen. 'Nat stop it!' He slammed the laptop shut. 'We promised we would help you find them and we are trying but your not helping by exhausting yourself.' He said harshly making tears come to her eyes.

'I'm not tired leave me alone.' Natasha mumbled. 'No I'm not going to leave you alone right now.' He said firmly. 'You need to sleep.'

'Steve, can you give us a minute?' A small voice spoke from the corner, he turned to see the sokovian. He nodded and left them to it. 'Nat, please go to bed.' Wanda pleaded Nat looked into her eyes. 'Please.' Nat found herself nodding and start to stand slightly shaking from exhaustion. 4 days with no sleep and even longer with interrupted sleep from y/n (not that Nat cared) is enough to do that to you.

'Thank you.' Wanda smiled but instead of walking out the door Nat walking towards Wanda. 'Goodnight Wands.' Wanda pulled her into a hug. 'Goodnight Nat, I promise we're going to find them.' Nat pulled away wiping her tears. 'Yeah.' She whispered before heading off to bed.

Wanda went to bed shortly after, making sure to clean Nat's office a bit first. She made sure it was organised the way Nat liked it so she wouldn't be upset. 'Wanda?' She heard a whisper at the door. 'I don't want to sleep alone.' She muttered making wanda smile at her vulnerability. When she read her mind she realised why, she was scared.

'Sorry it was stupid, night.' She whispered assuming the sokovian was asleep. 'Nat come here.' She whispered back, running her hand over the empty space behind her. The Russian smiled climbing into bed snuggling up to wanda. Nat fell asleep with her arm around wandas waist breathing her scent, reminding her she was okay and safe.

See wanda thought Nat was scared for herself but since Nat was the one who told y/n to go, she was responsible for what happened. She couldn't protect y/n from that far away and she wasn't going to let that happen to Wanda, she needed her close by.

When Nat woke It was 3:35, her hand was tucked under her chin. Where was wanda? Her heart started beating. How did she not feel her get out? How could she let her go? Nat heard a strange sound coming from the bathroom followed by a sharp 'ow fuck.' It was wanda.

Nat lept up pulling out her gun. When she saw the door handle twist her finger slid closer to the trigger. 'AH! Nat! You scared the life out of me.' Wanda clutched her chest. Nat breathed out a sigh of relief lowering the gun. 'You scared me first! You can't do that! You can't just leave like that. I thought something bad happened to you.' Nat barely gave herself time to take a breath. 'Sorry I just went to use the bathroom and I dropped something and hit my head on the counter when I went to pick it up.' Nat nodded, the story checked out no one was in the bathroom, they were safe. 'I'm sorry I scared you.' Nat admitted.

'Don't worry about it, let's just go back to sleep.' Wanda pulled Nat to the bed. 'Here.' Wanda laid down pulling Nat against her chest. 'No way I'm not being the little spoon. Natasha Romanov does not cuddle.' She struggled slightly but Wanda just held her. 'You done?' Nat nodded admitting defeat. It was strangely nice sleeping on the left side she was closer to the door in case something bad happened and something about Wanda holding her made her feel safe.

Wanda woke to Nat breaking free of her grasp. 'What time is it?' She mumbled. '9 am we slept in.' Nat grabbed one of wandas hair ties and pulled her hair into a ponytail. 'That suits you.' Wanda smiled. 'Yeah well you have all the time to admire me while we look for y/n and train and have breakfast then we have a meeting.' Nat teased Wanda groaned. 'Why do we have so much to do on a Saturday?' Nat chuckled.

'That's just before lunch so come on, we're already behind let's go.' Nat clapped loudly Wanda threw off the covers and literally rolled out of bed and stood up. 'It's one of those days don't even ask. I need tea and I want waffles.' Nat chuckled at her best friend.

'How about you make breakfast while I try and find more clues about y/n, we train for half an hour go to the meeting and then tackle everything else.' Wanda nodded sleepily.

'What do you want on your waffles?' Wanda asked pulling open the fridge. 'Chocolate syrup strawberries Nutella and whipped cream.' Nat responded slumping in the chair. 'What are you five?' Wanda laughed. 'Just give me the waffles.' Nat pulled out her laptop. 'How did I not see this?' Nat Slammed her hands on the table. 'What?' Wanda spun around. 'I had an email that there's a sale on at that Ice cream place down the street.' Wanda tutted going back to making tea and coffee. 'No that's true but also this. The message I got from but y/n there's some background noise.'

Time skip to two hours later.

'Originally this meeting was supposed to be an evaluation of the past few weeks but we have a new mission. We found out y/n's location, a hydra base.' Everyone exchanged looks Steve seemed the most bothered, aside from Nat and Wanda of course. 'Now as we know from previous events.' Fury looked at a picture of bucky. 'This is bad. So we need to find this y/n before they decide to unleash whatever monster they've turned into.'

'Y/n is not a monster. And neither is Bucky. Even if y/n is being controlled like him we can fix it but leave them alone. it's not any of their faults and they aren't monsters.'   

'That was a poor choice of words on my part and I apologise. I'm sorry to mr Barnes, however I can't apologise to you because I don't know y/n but once they are assessed I will make a judgement and respond to my statement as appropriate.' Nat rolled her eyes.

'Let's just find y/n.' Steve stated trying to break the tension.