Prologue

My husband who was a Count of low status was a man the empire couldn't believe that would be wed to me, Cecil Anna Andreas, a daughter of an esteemed Marquis who was also one of the Royal Council.

Count Ron Lay, at first glance you would classify him as a beautiful man with Auburn hazelnut hair and gold glittering eyes. He might be a noble of low status, but he was a man who was elegant and much purer than most men.

I was happy when I got married to him, and that our marriage was filled with love.

A perfect husband, a happy marriage, a decent life. No, there is no such thing as that.

Since in every fairytale, there is what you call the evil villain who ruins the bright future of the main character.

I would classify that villain as my stepsister, Rachelle.

'Hello, new sister! My name's Rachelle and from now on we are going to be family!'

Beautiful blonde hair and green emerald eyes, a person whom my father adopted due to some 'circumstances' when I was at a young age.

'Nice to meet you, everyone! I'm Rachelle and I'm happy that you've accepted me!'

She might be a commoner's daughter, but no one can deny the angelic looks she has that made half of the empire's men catch feelings for the bright and lovely Rachelle.

'Do you like roses as well, sir? What a surprise! I too like roses!'

I've never really liked Rachelle, though I never really hated her. Since I was the only person that can see through her pathetic angelic act, and see who she really is as a person.

'...Don't touch what is not yours, sister. They belong to me, all of it.'

I was nice enough to treat her like family even though she is someone I could not come to like. But what else can I do but accept the fact that my father adopted her in?

I mean, I even invited her to our wedding!

'Congratulations Count Robbin and sister! I wish you a happy married life!'

So I can't understand why...

'I'm really jealous of sister. She got married to a brilliant man. I wonder, when can I get a love life of my own?'

...Why...

'Who do you love more? Sister, or me~?'

'Of course, it is you who I love the most, Rachelle...'

'You naughty boy. Then I wish for a kiss, from the man I also love most'

'... I love you, Rachelle. You are the most precious person in my life'

'And I love you too.'

...!

20th of September Imperial Year XX9, in the midst of fall I witnessed my husband's affair with my sister.

And it is the day of our first anniversary as a married couple.

A married couple.

Hah. I can't believe I wasted my love and affection, and even my pride for a jerk and trashy man like him.

Not only that, but it was then when I realized that the two and all the people working in this manor are all trying to kill me slowly, by putting poison to my drink.

At first, when I smelled poison in my tea, I just shook it off and then forget it ever happened. But it happened again and again and again until I noticed that, there is nothing in this household that I can do freely anymore.

Everyone's eyes were on me. Watching me make mistakes and mock me secretly.

And the reason for all of this was those two...! They planned all of this just to kill me!

And what, will they make Rachelle their new countess?

That night, I secretly fled the estate and went to a winery. And secretly drank alcohol and got drunk without my husband knowing.

But well, knowing him. He must have been having fun in my stepsister's arms.

I looked at the table by the counter I was sitting and noticed how many bottles of liquor have I been drinking. I was about to drink another one when a hand of many rings grabbed the bottle before I can even consume it.

"It seems like you've had too many, miss. I suggest that you stop now."

"I suggest that you leave me be...! Let me *hic* have my alone time~!"

I said all sobered and took the wine bottle from me and drank.

I noticed the man, whom I cannot see in appearance sit on the chair beside me as he faced my direction.

"Do you have a problem?"

I nodded, my eyes were halfway closing.

"My cheap a** husband was having an affair with my two Faced b*tch step sister. And you won't believe that he actually did it on our anniversary! Our one-year anniversary~!"

I couldn't control it anymore and bawled my eyes out. The man gently patted my back as he listened to my complaints quietly.

"I can't believe that I wasted my precious time *hic* my time— on a man like him! Is this the reason why he doesn't want t-to sleep with me?! Well, I'm thankful for that! *hic* I've never actually slept with someone as dirty as *hic* him!"

"I pity the miss. But what do you want to do now? Are you angry at your husband who cheated on you?"

"I'm not just angry, I'm also furious and so frustrated that I can burn him alive in the pits of hell!"

"So what do you want to do now?"

"Me? What *hic* to do now? *hic* maybe beg God to turn back the time I had 2 years ago! And I *hic* would surely get revenge on that *hic* b*tch sister of mine for messing with moi!"

I heard the man chuckle as he pulled something out of his pocket. And showed me a golden pocket watch that seemed antique.

"A pocket watch? *hic* no one owns a pocket watch these days"

"That's why I'm giving this to you, my lady."

"*hic* me? Why?"

He took my hand and placed the pocket watch on it.

"I believe that this pocket brings good luck. So I'm giving it to you to wish you the luck you never had before."

I clamped the watch that was on my hand and looked up to him, seeing a white-golden-haired man with gray eyes.

"T-thank you but *hic* I don't believe in luck. B-but you were nice to me so I'll keep it. Thank *hic* you."

The pretty man smiled at me as he touched my forehead with his index finger.

"Your welcome my lady. Now if you may, please go to sleep."

"To what—"

He suddenly flicked my forehead making me feel like I'm falling. Soon, my eyesight blurred then everything just turned dark.