Chasing Stars (1)

Chapter 1

"I would like to try this jasmine tea please."

The waitress quickly wrote my order on her pad as she left with our orders.

4th of April Imperial Year XX7, a very nice summer day to drink tea while chitchatting with your friends.

I woke up two years back in time. the year where I was still an unmarried woman who had just recently 'took a liking to my cheap 'husband,' Ron Lay.

I was surprised at first and couldn't believe what was happening. After a few days of adjusting, I again go used to this turn-back time thing and lived my life as it is once again.

"You've never invited me out before, Cecil. This is new."

The lady in front of me with a yellow Floral dress said as she called my attention.

"Is it bad to spend time with your one and only friend, Via?"

"It is bad if you're the one who's inviting me. Aiish, are you sick? Should I bring medicine the next time you invite me out?"

I chuckled remarking on her joke.

"I'm not sick, Via. I've been feeling bored lately and just wanted to hang out with you."

Via smiled as sweetly as ever.

"Have you perhaps eaten too many sweets again? Did the sugar you ate affect you as a whole?"

"I'm telling you I'm fine. If you still believe that I'm sick then I'll be going on without you then."

I stood up from my seat but Via stopped me by pulling my hand.

"Stop, stop, stop. I was joking! See? Hehe~"

I smiled faintly at her as I sat back in my seat.

Avianna Montarael, also a daughter of a Marquis is my only friend since my early childhood years. She happened to be the bride's maid at my wedding but died from food poisoning not long after that.

I was devastated that I couldn't eat that time, so when I knew that I had returned back to the past, I immediately sent a letter to her estate and asked her to meet up with me.

When I first saw her again, I could nearly cry. Oh, my lovable friend, I will protect and help you avoid death!

"What do you have in mind?

(ATL: What's up?)

"Oh, nothing. As I've said earlier, I was just bored and figured that I wanted to see you."

50% truce. It is true that I did call for her to meet up with me because I wanted to see her, but there is another purpose on why I called for her.

Another thing about her, Via tends to know almost every rumor, topic, or trend in the capital. She is a woman who joined almost all the gatherings held by the noblest ladies in the Empire.

So why did I call Via for? Simple. I need to know what kind of day it is today, or what kind of future events will be held.

I woke up on a random and normal day, where there are no special events or 'scenarios' nearby, so I need to know when am I with the help of Via.

"Ehem. So do you have any news for me today?"

"News? Ah-! There is one that I've heard when I attended Lady Alice's party."

"So what is it? Would you mind sharing with me?"

I remember this event. It's when Via called me for tea at her place a day after her visit to Lady Alice's party.