Chasing Stars (5)

Chapter 5

"Oh, my...! Do you?"

I nodded before grabbing another biscuit. The Dame looked shocked, not expecting that I would like the prince.

"I-I didn't know. How long has it been since you liked the crown prince?"

"It wasn't that long. I've come across his path last month and soon, I found out that I was actually In love with him already."

"I'm sure you'd be a perfect match for him! A lot of ladies also came to me trying to get my help into matchmaking them with the prince, but the prince rejected them all, even the finest ones! So right now, I'm sure that you're the one for him!"

I slightly 'blushed' as I tuck my hair under my ear. Trying to act all cute and nervous.

"Don't get me wrong, Dame. I'm not trying to get you to help me capture the prince's heart. After all, I'm not expecting him to love me back since it's all a small crush."

Lies. I've never even met the crown prince in my entire life! All I know is what how he looks like and what's his position in the empire that's all.

"But don't you wanna try? I'll help you if you want! Trust me but I love ladies like you trying to get together with the prince. It's sad to think that he'd grow up alone without a wife or a child."

"W-will you help me?"

The Dame nodded as she looked at me eagerly.

"Yes! Of course!"

She looked at the purse that she brought with her and took something from it. She took out a small scroll from it, toed with a white ribbon.

She then handed me the scroll as she looked at me in the eyes.

"Here, take this scroll with you and bring it to the prince. Tell them that I ordered you to deliver it to him since the Dame was busy hosting her party. And with that, grab the opportunity into trying to get close to him!"

I blinked several times. Woah, this happens so faster than I thought. I thought that the opportunity to approach the crown prince would take me an hour or so to figure out, but I guess not.

I nodded and smiled at the Dame.

"T-thank you, Dame! But I can't go just now, or else Lady Montarael who I came with will start looking for me."

"Don't worry, Lady Andreas. I'll go cover for you. Now go and deliver the scroll to the prince."

I stood at my seat and bowed my head to the Dame.

"Thank you, Dame. I would never forget your kindness."

"Your welcome, Lady Andreas. Oh and—I'm rooting for you!"

I heard the Dame say before I turned and exited the Hall.

***

I never knew walking alone in a humongous castle could be this tiring! Their gardens are too big and the halls are too long.

They said that the crown prince's palace was still two castles around. And the main hall that I've left earlier was two palaces away from the prince's palace.

I'm not lost in the garden, but I might as well be since I mostly get distracted by the flowers or any plants in the garden.

Gardens. I thought of my marriage life with Ron. When we were still dating, he always gave me any type of flowers when I mentioned that I like flowers and plants. But when I asked him to make a garden for me when we were married...,