Chasing Stars (11)

Chapter 11

"Milady you mustn't take at least a spoonful of sugar."

"Here milady, drink a glass of water instead."

"But I'm hungry! Can't I eat...?"

"You must not, milady!"

"Please endure this for a while...!"

It's already 6 in the evening and I am already starving to death. No one would let me eat even a tablespoon of rice. The maids who were in charge to dress me up kept complaining that the corset won't fit me if my stomach gets bigger.

"Would it matter if my stomach does not fit my corset?"

"Of course milady!"

They kept telling me to drink water to fill my hunger but drinking a glass of water is not helping at all!

"I'm hungry. Libbe please...!"

I looked at Libbe who was preparing my makeup. I tried my best face to look pitiful in her eyes but she just shrugged it off and avoid eye contact.

"I'm sorry milady! But beauty is pain!"

... Libbe you traitor...!

I swear to God that I'll be eating as much as I can when the banquet starts.

"Don't worry milady. We'll make sure that you'll be the prettiest lady at the party."

"We'll make sure that the prince will fall for milady's charms!"

"T-thank you. But I don't need it."

Since I'm already his fiance after all.

The maids took a lot of time to doll me up. And I can say that they did pretty well.

They kept my hair in a braid-bun and added violet and beaded hair dress on my hair. Simple but pretty.

The blue gown fitted me. It may look uncomfortable at first because of the tight corset and the big ruffles on the dress, but it was comfortable.

Well except for the fact that I'm hungry.

I wore white laced heels that is probably hidden by my gown, so it was not much of a use. But oh well, a lady's appearance is a woman's virtue.

(A/N: not at all times lmao ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

They also applied light makeup that fits for the night. My maids are skilled with these types of things.

"You look wonderful, milady!"

Libbe commented.

"Thank you. It is all thanks to everyone's hard work."

"You're welcome milady!"

I looked at the huge body mirror for a long time and noticed that something is missing.

Besides the hair dress on my hair and the beautiful gown I'm wearing, come to think of it I am not wearing any other accessories other than the hair dress.

Oh right, I forgot to wear Sapphire Forest...!

"Libbe, can you bring to me the small white box on my desk?"

Libbe nodded and took the box that was placed on my desk. She handed it to me and looked at it curiously.

"What's inside that box, milady?"

I smiled at her, still not opening the box.

"It's something very valuable."

I figured that I should just wear it later, where no one can see me wearing it.