Chasing Stars (3)

Chapter 3

I decided to go with Via to the party the Dame held the next day, which was to be held at 9 am today.

Even in the past, I never attended that many gatherings. If I did, it would only be the important ones like holidays, invitations by high-ranked nobles, or an occasion.

My maids made a big fuss about how I'm suddenly going to attend a party held by the Dame.

Good thing the Dame was kind enough to admit one friend of the ladies she invited to her party, even without an invitation. And thanks to Via, I get to attend this part and carry out Plan A.

About the plan, I just need to attend this party to meet the prince (hopefully). This is her aunt's party after all, and since this is held at the Imperial Palace itself, I might cross paths with the prince even at its lowest rate.

I sure hope the prince shows up.

It took an hour for me to dress up since the maids took so much time in fixing my dress and doing my hair and makeup.

I was wearing a light floral blue dress and had my hair in a single braid, tied with a matching blue ribbon.

"Wow, my lady! You look pretty as always!"

I smiled at the maid lightly.

"Thank you. It's because of everyone's hard work after all."

A sudden knock on the door interrupted revealing our butler, Chon.

"My Lady, a carriage from the Montarael Estate has arrived."

It looks like Via with our ride has arrived.

"Allow me to escort you, my lady."

"Then let's go, Chon. I'll be taking my leave girls."

I waved at my maids who helped prepare. They lowered their heads as they see me out the door.

Chon opened the carriage door revealing my always-beautiful friend.

"I see that you've prepared for this day, Cecil."

I took Chon's hand as I stepped inside the carriage. I sat beside Via who was wearing a green breeze dress. It was so simple but elegant, and it looked good on her. Her long gray hair was tied in a low pony with green ribbon strips hanging.

"Are you mesmerized by my beauty now?"

The carriage then started moving on its way to the palace. I smirked as I looked outside of the carriage window.

"You're not so bad yourself. Via is pretty and you'd most likely win a prestigious title like Donabella."

"I admit that I'm really pretty but that Donabella title isn't for me."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"How so?"

You're going to be Donabella two years later anyways.

"I don't know. I just feel that that title can't be mine. It's not that I'm not confident enough, I just think that's it too much for me. And I just want to keep things simple like the way it is now."

I pressed my lips as I clenched my fist. Her answer was similar to her answer when she was nominated as a candidate for Donabella.

I feel guilty. Because of Donabella, Via never lived long and died because of it. She never experienced the things she still wanted to do, like fall in love and get married.

If only there was no such thing as Donabella in the first place.

...!

That's it! If I find a way for Via to not be a nominee, then she won't die, right? If that happens, Henrietta won't send someone to poison her and be blinded by jealousy since she was never a part of it.