Chasing Stars (7)

Chapter 7

"B-but sister—"

"How disrespectful of you to cut off someone who is still talking. Did father not teach you any respect at all?"

I was angry but remained calm as I talk. I can see much more people coming near my room to hear our argument.

Those people are monopolized by Rachelle. Rachelle must've told them earlier to come to my room to watch our fight. This was all planned by that cunning woman.

How lowly of them to not do their jobs and come watch their masters fight?

"Why are you involving father in our fight? Y-you're the one who's being disrespectful for including father into our fight!"

"Was I the one being disrespectful? Or was it you that entered her older sister's door without her permission and whine to me about how I refused your request? Is it hard to accept that I said no?"

Rachelle looked at me with such vengeful eyes. Tears started to stream down her face as if she was crying. But of course, her tears are fake. Since all of this is just another childish act of hers.

"H-how could sister do this to me!"

Rachelle started crying more just making the people around us pity her. But no dared to interfere.

"How could I what? How I could be telling you what's right?"

"T-thats-!"

"Tell me, Rachelle. Was your vacation just not enough? Do I need to send you to a family estate by the mountains to longer your vacation?"

Rachelle trembled in fear as I walked closer to her.

In this society, it is common for a noble to send their child to another estate to the mountains or to a forest whenever they misbehave. It acts as a discipline to noble children who misbehave or disobey their parents.

"N-no, my vacation was rather enough."

"Exactly. Now get out of here before I change my mind."

"Y-yes I will! Forgive me for interrupting you, dear sister!"

Rachelle hurriedly lowered her head before running into tears.

Rachelle was ever a match for me. She was always childish and a little dumb in the first place.

But I never realized how smart of a dumb*ss she was in the past.

"To everyone other than you and you who watched—"

I pointed at Rachelle's maid and Libbe.

"All of you are fired."

***

"My lady! A letter for you has arrived!"

Libbe came rushing to me with a book in her hand, instead of a letter.

"Didn't you say it was a letter?"

"Yes, miss! This book has a letter in it in disguise. I guess the person who is giving this letter wants to give it to you secretly."

She gave the thick book with a brown cover to me as I inspected it first.

Seems legit.

"I would like to be alone, Libbe."

"Yes, miss."

Libbe bowed her head as she walked out of my room.

I sat on my desk and flipped the pages of the book until the letter came out.