Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (16)

A/N: This chapter is separated into two parts. Chapter 16 is part one.

Chapter 16 

"Father...!" I barged into my Father's office without knocking, interrupting his precious and quiet tea time.

Though who drinks a cup of tea at exactly 2 am...?

"Oh for God's sake-! Why are you even awake at this time Cecil?"

"I could ask you the same thing." His forehead puckered as I sat down on a stool in front of him. "I want to ask a question..."

"You woke up at 2 am just so you could ask me a question? Why not ask me the next day?"

I rubbed my forehead with my fingers. "This question is so urgent that it won't let me sleep."

"Go on. What is it that you want to ask?"

"Do you know where Ribiscuss Rebound is?"

Father nod as an answer. "It was once a tea shop in the East but is now an abandoned compartment if I recall. Why?"

As expected, father is like a map. The emperor did give him a silly title called 'The Map of The Empire' for he knows a lot of locations, whether it be an infamous location or just a place located at a plain old dessert. I was right to ask him about this place.

"Oh, nothing. A friend from the East just sent me a letter asking me to meet up with her at this place." I lied.

"At an abandoned compartment? Are you sure that this friend of yours is a friend? Or a syndicate?"

I scratched my hand around my nape as I looked at him nervously, giving a tight-lipped smile. "No, no! She's a friend! And the proof is that I've met her already."

He raised an eyebrow, unsure of my answer. "Really? And when is that?"

"W-well, you know. At balls, and t-tea parties too..."

"Hmm. Then what house does your friend belong to?"

Oh sh*t. "She's a commoner."

"You met a commoner at a ball and tea parties? What kind of commoner is she?"

Oh great, Cecil. You've gotten worse at lying! "She's a commoner indeed-! S-she's a maid!"

"A maid, huh?"

I nodded. "Y-yes!"