Chasing Stars (8)

Chapter 8

"But I also want my lady to hear my terms and agreements."

Does the prince also want something? Or does he just wants me to hear his thoughts like what I've told him with mine?

"Then may I know what is it, your Highness?"

"As you have said before, I will be marrying the lady because the emperor is rushing me to find a wife. Apparently, the emperor had called me just yesterday to tell me to find a wife in just a week. And that's what I've thought about my lady."

"Question, your Highness. Do you just wish to marry me because of that reason?"

"That may be one of the reasons. Another reason is that I can feel that my lady has a great desire for revenge. And I am willing to help you."

I was stunned when he said that. He already trusts me enough to even want me to help with my revenge. Of course, it's not like he is obligated to help me.

"May I know why? It's not like the crown prince to help with other people's personal affairs."

"I..."

He remained silent as I wait for him for seconds. It felt like he was hesitating to tell me what he wishes to tell me.

"I resent Lady Rachelle."

...!

Does the Prince also hate her? But how and why?!

"D-does Your Highness hate her because she eyes on your every move a lot? Or that she likes you? "

I was expecting him to say yes but instead, he shook his head.

"That is a very shallow excuse to resent her. I won't reveal any further."

It makes me more curious about why the prince feels towards her. Even if I heard his words, I do not feel sympathy towards Rachelle.

In fact, I feel much more delighted to know that the man she was madly in love with actually resents her! How fantastic is that!

Not gonna lie, my thoughts right now started to get evil.

"Then other than your resentment towards Rachelle, what is another reason why you decide to help me?"

"When I first thought of marrying you before seeing you. I did a background check on my lady and read about your achievements and your work life. Of course, the paper is not enough proof to say that you are an admirable person, but I trust that lady that you are very responsible. After all, my lady is also one of the best marriage partners listed on the empire. You are also a perfect candidate for the position of crown princess."

"His Highness already trusts me a lot, don't you?"

"That's because my lady is very smart."

I raised a brow at him as I crossed my arms.

"Smart? How can you say that?"

"I recalled Marquis Andreas telling the Emperor about your achievements that you did yourself when the Emperor once invited him to drink. He sounded so proud and told him even the littlest of the work you did. It might be a memory from a year ago but I remember it vividly."

Does Father brag me to the emperor? H-how did I not know this?! I felt my cheeks flush so I covered my face in embarrassment.

"Oh my, this is embarrassing."

I heard the prince chuckling softly.

"Don't be my lady. I can say that your father must be really proud to have a responsible daughter like you. So I want to see for myself how Lady Cecil usually works and manages."