Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (18)

Chapter 18

"You- What is your purpose?" I clenched my hands forming a fist as I looked at him discourteously.

He points his finger at himself as he looked at me innocently. "Oh me~? Nothing! I just wanted to help a fellow vengeful soul."

I squinted my eyes. "Vengeful? I am not that vengeful by any means necessary!"

"Oh? But don't you wish for revenge? You even have the crown prince on your help you."

"How do you know that?!"

"Fufu... I don't really!" He smiled playfully as he waggled his eyebrows.

"Who are you?! And why do you wish to see me?!"

He crossed his arms, with his chin up, as if he was looking down. "First, let's change our location. This is not a right place to talk about matters such as this." He snapped his fingers, automatically changing the location in a blink of an eye.

"A-Are you a mage or something?!" He transported us in a forest with bright and vibrant trees. The light from the sun beautifully wavers through my eyes. In the corner of my eye, there I spotted a big beautiful willow tree by a small hill.

"This place is breathtaking," I whispered, but then I realized why we came here and who was I with. "Oh and- where are we?! Where have you taken me to?"

"Chillax, m'lady. I just brought you to a place where no one can hear us talk."

"That'd be delightful but, you didn't have to bring me into a goddamn forest out of nowhere!"

"Oh, but this is just an illusion though. A magic borderline with an appearance of a beautiful forest."

I was not surprised, however. I bet many mages like him do this all the time. Thus, it is informed in books that illusions like this are used often by royal or official archmages. In his case, he might be using magic illegally or not.

"Now tell me, why did you ask me to meet up with you?"

He leaned onto the willow tree so I did the same. "Aren't you curious about how you managed to time travel back?" He asks.

I looked at the beautiful deception of the sky. "That never crossed my mind."

"I expected of you to be like 'Oh my! Did I turn back 2 years back to the past! Oh how! Oh how! I must do whatever it takes to not experience the same fate!' or something like that."

"No. I was rather calm than terrified or beguiled." I said, shaking off his thoughts that I thought funny in my head. "Now please answer my question."