Chasing Stars (6)

Chapter 6

I managed to find a way to meet the Prince, even after all those ruckuses.

But now what?

"Thank you for bringing the scroll to me yourself, my lady."

I nodded my head as I bowed courteously.

"No need to thank me. I'm the one who should be thanking the crown prince for helping me earlier."

(📝: They are having tea at the Prince's office)

I watched as the prince drank his tea elegantly like any other lady. It's not like me to be this observant but his appearance caught my eye.

Black ebony hair as dark as the night sky, blue eyes as cool as the morning skies, and pale white skin. Now I know why many noble ladies flock over the crown prince at tea parties.

It's my first time meeting the prince in my life, so I grew nervous when he invited me for tea. Does the prince also invite other noble ladies for tea? Or was he just being nice to me?

"How is your wrist?"

I looked at my wrist whom Ron held earlier. It grew pinkish marks around it but it was already starting to fade.

"It doesn't hurt anymore You Highness. Thank you for your concern."

"We're you at my aunt's party just now?"

"Yes. A friend of mine who was invited came with me to the party."

I quietly sipped my tea as I noticed the awkward atmosphere. I mean, what else are we supposed to talk about anyway? Or are we supposed to have a chat in the first place?

"Perhaps you are wondering why I called you for tea all of a sudden."

"H-huh? Oh, yes!"

He sipped his tea once more and brought his cup back down on the table.

"I'll get straight to the point with you, Lady Cecil. But what do you want?"

I flinched for a second after hearing his stern voice.

"P-pardon?"

Did he perhaps see through me? That fast?

"It was a brave move for you to pull the crown prince around your arms earlier. I let it pass since you got flaws. But what exactly does the lady want from me?"

He was right. Not everyone can make a bold move like I did, especially to the prince.

"Then I'll get straight to the point as well with you Your Highness. I want to be your wife."

The prince froze for a moment before looking at me with his one brow raised.

"Pardon?"

"I said, I wanted to become the prince's wife."

"And why do you think would I want to make you my wife out of nowhere?"

"I heard that His Majesty the Emperor was looking for a bride for the prince. I don't bring a bride that you chose yourself, then the emperor will have no choice but to host a ball for all the noble ladies in the empire to select a soon-to-be crown princess."

He crossed his legs and arms as he continued listening to me quietly.

"But the prince doesn't want to find a bride, doesn't he?"

...

"But you know that it is a must that you choose a wife at this very moment."

"So what if I choose or don't choose a wife? Not to be rude but why does it concern the lady?"