Chasing Stars (2)

Chapter 2

Mikhail Levtan Eulruedice is the crown prince of the empire and the person next in line to the throne.

A very powerful man, and the person after the emperor and empress that takes the highest status of nobility, that can make even the holy priest and the saintess bow down to him.

In just about two weeks from now, the emperor will hold a grand banquet for the Prince's birthday. It might be cliche but that is the day where I confessed my feelings for Ron after we danced at the banquet.

Which when I think of it, is a total embarrassment.

In order to achieve the revenge I want, I must be someone inferior to both Ron and Rachelle. Someone who has much more power than them, someone who has a higher status than them.

And how would I do that? Simple. I just have to wed a high-ranking noble.

If the revenge only plays around Ron, then it would be easier to find a marriage partner with a normal noble rank, since his rank isn't that high, to begin with.

But since the plan revolves around both Ron and Rachelle, then I must marry someone who has an even higher status than an esteemed Marquis who was part of the Royal Council.

Even if I don't want to admit it but, Rachelle was 'now' a daughter of a high-ranking Marquis. And for revenge, I can't have equal status with Rachelle.

So I only have two choices; It's either I marry the Grand Duke Rael Allendale, who is the right hand of the crown prince, or the noblest man amongst nobles, The Crown Prince Mikhail himself.

But from those two choices, I know exactly who to choose.

And it's obviously the Crown Prince.

Marrying the Crown Prince would be like hitting two birds with one stone. Or maybe more.

Why? Because in the past, Rachelle stated that she was head over heels for the Crown Prince. She technically joined every gathering the prince went to and secretly tailed him. She always approached him whenever she can and acts all cute and lovable. Was she trying to seduce the prince?

So I've always wondered why she had an affair with Ron when she was clearly madly in love with the prince.

Did she really love Ron and move on from the Prince? Or did she just use Ron to piss me off?

If I marry the prince, then I wouldn't have to worry about power, since the prince himself has 'power' engraved in his being.

And also get to annoy the heck out of Rachelle since I married the man of her dreams.

But for this to succeed, I must think of a way to make the prince want me as his wife.

The easiest way is seduction, but It's already a big x mark on the list since I plan to bring the prince to my side in clean and neat terms.

I'd be no different from Rachelle if I seduce him.

So the only thing that will make the prince accept me as his wife is by making an agreement with him that will benefit him, the empire, and the future. In this case, I'm going to use my future knowledge to do so.

I wrote all of my thoughts and plans in the notebook as I hummed happily. I can't wait for my revenge to start!

For my plan to smoothly work, I have to approach the prince as early as this week and for my full plan to work. If I want my plan to work smoothly that is.

Now the question is, how do I approach him?

***

"Via do you have a gathering to attend to that will involve high-ranking nobles?"

Via sipped her tea as she looked at me serenely. Raising an eyebrow at me.

"First, you call me for tea first, and second you call me for tea first and ask me that as soon as you sip your tea with me. Are you sure that you're really not sick?"

I sighed, as I facepalmed myself in mind. Here we go again.

"I told you I'm not! So answer my question."

"I'm going to attend a tea party held by the Royal Dame tomorrow. Why are you asking, are you planning to join me?"

"If I say yes, would you let me come with you?"

A party held by the Royal Dame, the Emperor's sister herself, is just the perfect setting that I need for this plan. I might have a 50-50 chance of meeting the prince there, even for a ridiculous reason like this but, it doesn't hurt to try.

"You know you're really acting strange recently. But since you insisted on joining me, I will not ask further why you've been acting like that."

I smiled at her as I held her hands.

"Thank you Via! You don't know how much of an angel you are!"

"Oh my, but aren't I an angel already?"

A maid then arrived carrying a silver tray of sweets in her hand. As she served the sweets on our table, I looked at her firmly since she looked familiar.

As the maid finishes, she lowered her head before leaving. But I stopped her before she can even move an inch.

"You. The maid who just served us. What's your name?"

I saw the maid flinched as she turned to, looking nervous. I can also see Via starting at me with a question on her face at the corner of my eye.

"It's Corry, my lady."

I looked at her from head to toe and examined her well. I raised an eyebrow at her before addressing her to leave.

"That is all. You may take your leave."

"Thank you for your kindness, my lady."

She lowered her head once again before leaving the room. I turned back to Via who looked like she was confused.

"Why did you ask for the maid's name?"

I shook my head before grabbing a honey biscuit.

"It's nothing. She just looked familiar that's all."

Via pouted and nodded, looking satisfied with my answer as she continued munching on her tart that was served on the table.

Corry, the maid from earlier is going to be the one to kill Via by adding poison to her favorite tart. When she was captured, she revealed that she was a spy sent by the daughter of Count Ludwig, the arch-nemesis of the Marquis Montarael. Henrietta Ludwig, also Avianna's greatest rival.

Henrietta Ludwig was said to be jealous of Via for having the title Donabella that she will receive two years from now. Donabella is a title that is given to the most beautiful lady of the empire based on votes by the nobles.

Since Via is to receive that title soon, Henrietta who also was a candidate of Donabella and surprisingly got third place got blinded by jealousy and sent a maid to poison her, which caused her death.

Via will be poisoned two years from now, but why is this maid already here two years earlier?

I'll work on that later after I fully finish step number one on my revenge.