Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (19)

(A/N: Thank you for 2k views everyone! Anyways- here a chapter, a crappy one. Forgive me if you find this chapter boring for I'm having an author's block recently. I just hate it :'>)

Chapter 19

"Huh? Why would you want to reverse such a lovely tale your parents experienced?" I asked, ending with him giving me a sour expression.

"The likes of you won't understand. That tale is not that lovely as it seems to be."

"Is the tale perhaps wrong?"

"It is very true. Just... that story is not complete. If I tell you the whole and complete story then it will take me a whole month."

I rested my hands on my hips as I looked at him, expressionless. "So what now? No matter how much I think of it, none of which you are telling me right now connects to me in all sorts of ways."

"So uh- remember when I said that I used you to travel back in time? Well, there's also a big plot twist that came along with your time traveling." He responds.

I raised my eyebrow peculiarly. "And what do you mean by that?"

He puts his hand on his nape as he looks at me shyly as if he was hiding something from me. "Well, the time-traveling time spell has its benefits and its plot. The benefit is is that you get a chance to change the future by not making the same mistake of the past. But the plot twist is-"

My heart suddenly starts to beat faster, as my palms started to get chillier. "W-What's the twist?"

"W-Well, the plot twist is that you have to help the caster of that spell its goal, or else you'll die."

"I was just about to process everything you've said to me awhile ago, and now death? Will I seriously die if I don't help the caster achieve its goal?!" My thoughts completely shattered making me just not want to live anymore. "And who is the caster anyways?"

I just wanted to seek revenge and not make the same mistake as before. Tell me why do I have to endure such shi-

Xinhua then slowly points a finger to himself. "It's me. I'm the caster of the spell, hehe"

"Wait, I'm not getting this at all" I walked closer towards him pinning him on the tree with both my arms, for him to not escape. "You, here, at this point of time- Explain to me everything that you know that I don't and what I have to personally know. Got it?"

"Got it! Got it!"

"So what you're saying is that I have to help you achieve your own selfish goal or else I'll die?" I asked, gripping onto his collar tightly.

"Y-yeah! And you have no choice but to! I'm the one who cast the spell for you to change your past. I played my part, so you should play your part as well."

"Okay, now what do I have to do?" I removed my tight grip on his collar letting him go.

"Thank you for understanding so quickly." He says as he leaned on the tree with his arms crossed. "Your task is simple. You only have to find me three things; A red brooch, a green tassel, and a pair of engagement bracelets."

"Explain to me what does three things are, and why I have to find them," I said, squinting my eyes at him. He was still suspicious, however, I trust him with the fact that he was the one who turned time for me.

"Those three things are owned by either my mother or my father. The red brooch was owned by my mother, it was given to her by her grandfather and is very precious to her. They said that it was sewed on the very back of her dress. The green tassel is owned by my father that he wore every time he goes to the battlefield. And as for the engagement bracelets; it's a pair of bracelets a man gives to a woman when they agree to marry. But instead of rings, my father gave my mother a bracelet instead."

"Do you know where each of those things is located that? Or where you've last seen it?"

"That's the problem... After my father's death, I never knew where those valuable items went. I tried asking my father's close friends, however, none of them got a clue."

"Then how am I supposed to find them?!" I said, gripping on his collar again as I looked him in the eye fiercely.

"I-I don't know! That's why I'm asking your help to find them!"

"Why do you need those items for anyways?!"

"I need those items in order for me to go back 60 years from now. Without them, my spell won't be completed."

I raised my eyebrows at him as I looked at him reluctantly. "What do you mean by that?"

"You don't understand anything, do you?"

"Yes. Nothing has absorbed my mind yet." I answered with a straight face.

He sighed as he put his hand on his forehead and one on his waist. "Look, let me explain this to you once again. To cast a spell, you need a sacrifice in exchange. The sacrifice is that you need an item most valuable to the caster in exchange."

"Tell me more." It seemed interesting.

"Remember the pocket watch I gave you before?"

"Yeah."

"I mentioned to you before that I need those items for me to travel for a large amount of time. I need four valuable items, and one of them is the pocket watch I gave you."

"And so let me guess. The tassel, the brooch, and the bracelets are the other three then."

He snapped his finger as he tapped my head. "Correct, m'lady!"

"Is this deal really necessary?" He nods his head in response.

Then I guess I have no choice but to accept this. Alongside my revenge.

"Then I'll help you find them as a thank you for traveling me back in time."

His eyes lightened as he beamed at me happily. "Thank heavens! Thank you!"

"Well then, since we've finished, I suggest for you to let me out of this illusion. My comrades will be worried."

"Yes yes. But let us meet again for some additional information that might be useful for you in the future." He snaps his finger, making the illusion of the forest disappear, and now we're back in the abandoned compartment. "Plus, I'm very sure that you will need me." He said before disappearing in mid air.