Chapter 2: A Cry For Help

Lux was taken aback by her beauty. She had only grown more attractive as time had progressed. Yes, Ahsoka was wearing the exact same clothing as before but something about it looked different the time. She was definitely taller, that was for sure. Other than that, Lux couldn't see any immediate difference in his beloved Togruta but she was still beautiful to him. She did look a bit pale, he noticed as Ahsoka looked towards him in holographic form but he was sure that it was just the lighting. You couldn't really tell something like that from a hologram. Lux realised that he had zoned out as Saw had been pleading his case to the Jedi and tuned back in to hear him give the tail end of his speech. "... That is why it is imperative that you help us take Onderon back!" There was the sound of clapping starting behind Saw from other rebels but it was quickly shushed by Steela who was also out of the hologram's radar.

A Jedi Master that Lux immediately identified as Obi-wan Kenobi spoke up. That confused him. The last time he had seen Ahsoka, she and her Master had both been completely grief-consumed by the death of him. That was clearly a story that needed explaining. "We would love to help you but Onderon has aligned themselves with the Separatists. Until your King changes that, the Jedi cannot interfere." He lent back in his chair as Ahsoka and her Master looked at their friend.

Lux could see that many other Jedi Masters clearly shared his point of view but Saw was angry now, wanting the assistance they desperately deserved and needed. He wouldn't go down without a fight. "King Rash is a fake King and a traitor. Our real leader King Dendup has been silenced for his actions. We demand that you do something to help!" Support could be heard rallying for Saw despite his sister's shushing. Lux personally whole- heartedly agreed with him but knew from Ahsoka that the Jedi were warmer and kinder than they first appeared. It would just take time.

Another Jedi spoke up this time who was another male. They were bald but Lux could feel the chill of his gaze from across the hologram. Mace Windu. The second most respected Jedi in the order. He was famous for being extremely professional and logical in his approach, often coming off as cold or distant. Ahsoka had mentioned in the past about the slight coldness between him and Anakin due to their very different views and personality which Lux could easily see. He only hoped that Master Windu would give them something positive to cling to. "Be that as it may, the fact of who your ruler is officially hasn't changed. I'm sorry but there is nothing that we can do." That was obviously their cue to leave and Lux could sense Saw's resentment towards himself and the Jedi flaring once more. He'd wished to get rid of that and the disappointment in the faces of his fellow rebels destroyed the young Senator. He'd been so sure that this would work.

Ahsoka was looking at the holograms of the two Onderonians and knew that they couldn't just send them away. In all honesty, she was surprised Lux hadn't addressed her directly or made any sort of noticeable gesture to acknowledge her after specifically asking for her. Ahsoka actually felt rather hurt and annoyed at this disinterest in her.

Still, she didn't like the thought of her people letting Lux and his friends down when they like so many others needed the Jedi's assistance. Some could argue that this was a reason not to help the rebels on Onderon in case this became a regular thing but Ahsoka couldn't see the harm in a trial run... That's it! A trial run! They could use this opportunity to see if the Jedi could simply advise fighters who wanted freedom from the Separatists as well as not getting completely and utterly involved. Actually, with Lux a part of this particular group Ahsoka knew her weaknesses and that would be most certainly one. Plus, it would gain another valuable ally for the Republic which they surprisingly weren't swimming in at the moment.

Maybe that was what Lux had called her for! "Masters? I've had a thought, what if we were able to train the fighters in protecting themselves and fighting against others without getting fully associated with them? We could use Onderon and it's fighters as a test, to see if it works." Ahsoka dared to glance at Lux who was truly beaming at her for her quick save to which Ahsoka felt a small blush rise on her cheeks and quickly adverted her gaze so as to not alert the other Jedi in the room.

Anakin seemed to perk up greatly at this suggestion and picked up from where his Padawan left off. "This is a great idea! A trial run to see if we can train non-clone soldiers to fight the Separatists while we deal with the bigger battles off world. It could really work! And if it doesn't, we just help Onderon and leave it at that! Simple!" Anakin's joy was evident on his face and Lux began to notice that Saw didn't look quite as defeated as before. There was hope, that was for sure.

Obi-wan stilled looked skeptical though. "In theory that would work but practically that wouldn't work. The King and his Separatists forces would soon discover our presence which would make the remaining resisting lives a lot harder than they already are. To say that we would just help this planet and then ignore the others is not the Jedi way. The people would lose trust in the Jedi! We would be deemed as hypocrites who deal with terrorists!"

"Rebels."

"Anakin! It is far too complicated to try. It was a good plan Ahsoka but not able to work through. I mean it, I'm sorry but you're on your own." Obi-wan ended his speech with a glare directed perfectly at his former Padawan, he could really push his buttons when he wanted to. Other Masters mumbled and nodded in agreement, some whispering things that the hologram picked up on such as: Padawan, irrelevant, nonsense, eager, dangerous, not the Jedi way and reckless. Was this really what the Jedi had come to? Discussing trivial matters such as whether or not they were called rebels or terrorists as they suffered?

Lux was mad now! They were in-fighting! How could these people be expected to run a war when they had such petty arguments amongst themselves?! It was crazy! Lux also disliked the attitude some Masters had towards Ahsoka for her lower status. It wasn't right! His temper snapped. "So that's it? You're going to leave us because you are worried about your popularity with the public?! That's pathetic! We need you! The people you've sworn to protect! If you want my opinion, the Jedi have lost their touch. Since when was your own interests more important than that of the people? You are not the people we grew up wishing we could be like!" Lux ended the transmission with a snap and both rooms were plunged into silence except for the sound of Lux's heavy breathing.

Saw turned to him. "You did the right thing, telling them the truth. If you say that the Togruta is your friend I'll believe you but at the end of the day, it's what the Master Jedi want. Still, we don't need them but it was a good try. We've survived this long without extra help, we don't need the Jedi or anyone else to babysit us." Lux had to hand it to Saw, the guy knew how to rally and energised a crowd. He was right as well but that didn't dull the sour taste of disappointment in Lux's mouth.

"I'm going for a walk." Lux muttered and walked away while the others began to jeer at the Jedi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Jedi Temple in the Council Chambers, the Jedi Masters as well as Anakin and Ahsoka were stood looking at the spot where the hologram was. The Masters all looked at each other before the curtains were pulled up and the Coruscant sunlight streamed into the room, illuminating the guilty face of Obi-wan, confused face of Anakin and furious face of Ahsoka Tano. "He's right." She snapped at them before storming out of the room and slamming the doors shut before breaking into a run. Ahsoka wasn't sure where she was going but one thing was for certain: The fighters on Onderon were going to get the support they needed if it was the last thing she did.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was rather long in my opinion. I updated on time again today! Yay! I'll update again soon. Bye, bye.