Chapter 25: Friendship

Ahsoka and Lux eventually left Padme in piece to get on with her day as they too had important matters to deal with. "There," Lux turned to her as they climbed onto the speeder. "Are you happy? Padme seemed fine albeit a little worried bit that's reasonable. Your Master will be fine." Lux revved the engine and took off at speed before joining the main lumps of Coruscant traffic.

Ahsoka still wasn't sure. "I don't know. She didn't mention a lot about Clovis but I suppose that's because I didn't have time to ask. Why do you think she started to say all that stuff about you and I and what a great gift love is?" While Ahsoka often hated sentimental, sappy and cliché statements like that, something about the way Padme had said it made it sound very important.

Lux turned to look at her. "I'm not sure. Perhaps she just felt a bit emotional, Clovis is an old friend of her's yet General Skywalker has always seemed rather close to her. Do you know how they met?" He turned the speeder off the main traffic and down a small side street.

Ahsoka nodded. "Yes, Padme, Master Kenobi, although he was a Padawan, and Master Qui-Gon were on a mission to remove the trade blockade around Naboo. Their ship's systems failed and they had to make an emergency stop on Tatooine where my Master was born. You know the rest of the story." Lux laughed as he took her hand and led her along the street.

It was cosy with many different shops in different colours that had an air of wonder about them. "I heard a few other Senators talking about this street. They had a nice time here so I thought you and I could check it out. Is that okay?" Ahsoka nodded eagerly as she let Lux drag her inside the nearest building.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka hurriedly walked through the halls of the Jedi Temple, breathing in the history, knowledge and wisdom that she had always grown up with. She had known every piece of Jedi lore since she was three and knew no different. The Jedi were good people who fought for what was right in the galaxy. Okay, they made a few mistakes like everyone else did but the majority of their history was good. However history wouldn't help her with her current predicament and Ahsoka honestly didn't know what to think and that scared her. What scared her even more was that Ahsoka doubted her Masters would be any good on giving her solid advice. Still, there was one person at the Temple who might be able to provide some perspective...

Barriss Offee was meditating in her quarts when Ahsoka knocked on her door. "Come in." She called, her voice forever sounding quiet and peaceful. Ahsoka had often tried to replicate her tone but the Togrutan Padawan struggled with controlling her emotions and keeping her volume in check.

Ahsoka walked in with her usual confident stride but Barriss could sense something was off due to her arms wrapped around her waist. "Barriss I need to talk to you." She lent against the wall as Barriss put away her meditating candles and cushion.

"I can see that, what's on your mind?" Barriss guided Ahsoka back down to the floor where they sat opposite each other. Barriss had been Ahsoka's best female Jedi friend since their adventures on Genosis. While Ahsoka doubted whether Barriss had ever been in this situation, her friend was often wise and reassuring which was exactly what Ahsoka needed at the moment.

Ahsoka gave a sort of half shrug as though she wasn't sure but then nodded her head. "I went to see Senator Amidala with Senator Bonteri after I checked on my Master. She was fine and the three of us just had a nice chat and then the Senator and I left. Everything was fine, we were flying back either to the Senate or here but then he turned off the main traffic and brought us to a cosy street with a lot of entertainment businesses. We came across a building that had a lounge with card games as well as a little homemade jewellery store and a bar. The bar was closed but the Senator and I had a few games of Sabacc. It was fun." Ahsoka smiled at the memories as Barriss lent forward for her to continue.

"And then?"

"And then I decided to try something and used the Force to bring some drinks to us-"

"Ahsoka!"

The Padawan in question held her hands up in surrender. "I know, I know! Bad idea! However they weren't very strong and Master Kenobi has given me a glass of it before, I assumed it was fine. Anyway Lux and I continued to drink and play before we ended up... Making out."

Barriss slapped a have to her forehead. "Ahsoka... Ahsoka! I don't know what I'm going to do with you! Do you have any idea what a terrible situation that was?"

Ahsoka looked afronted. "Lux and I have kissed before, many times. It's not that odd. Anyway it doesn't matter as that is where it all went wrong." She bowed her head as embarrassment overtook her.

Barriss frowned. "At the kissing?" Ahsoka gave a meek nod. "But you've kissed before, what went wrong?"

Ahsoka continued to talk at the floor but Barriss was extremely intrigued by now. "Well nothing at first, it was quite hot and we were both enjoying ourselves but then we stopped to catch our breath and he asked me to... Stay with him." She looked conspicuously around as though it was dreadful.

Barriss remained confused despite Ahsoka's obvious discomfort. "As in sleep with him?"

Ahsoka looked shocked! "No! Ew! No, walk away from the Order. Stay with him. No more Jedi, just Lux and Ahsoka. I didn't know what to do so I continued to kiss him in an attempt to shut him up but that only made him more desperate for me to stay!" Barriss tried hard not to laugh at how shrill her voice had become but it was hard.

"Why did you freak out? Haven't you both wondered about that alternative before?" Barriss queried.

Ahsoka nodded. "Well yes, but this was different! Lux was more insistent this time!" Barriss could see how distressed this interaction had left Ahsoka. "I didn't really know what to do except to get out of there so I managed to untangle myself from Lux and leave. I didn't take his speeder so he would have a way to get home but what do I do?!"

Barriss smiled as Ahsoka continued to panic. "Well Ahsoka, I think the best thing you could do is talk to him. Once he's no longer intoxicated. You did have a nice time with Lux although what he said may have changed the mood. I'm sure the two of you will work it out though. However, remember Ahsoka, it's good to have friends who have your back." Ahsoka knew that Barriss was right and she'd wasted a good portion of her hour with her woes. She could work it out.

"You are right, I've faced tougher challenges than this. I can fix this
Thanks Barriss!" With a wave, Ahsoka left Barriss alone to continue with her day. As she walked towards the gardens, Ahsoka smiled at her words, knowing what a good friend Barriss was.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, back on the daily update streak. I apologise again for the lateness of the mast chapter. I believe we are now moving away from Clovis towards the actual order of Season 5 episodes. The next update will start with the beginning of the end. We all know what that is. I'll update again tomorrow so bye, bye.