Chapter 10: In-Fighting

The rebels had come a long way in a short time. After Rex had felt they were sufficient in disabling droidekas, the Captain set them the tasks of getting into pairs and taking down a tank. Lux and Saw had somehow wound up a pair and tried to succeed. Lux had taken the top while Saw took the bottom. It had failed miserably and both boys had ended up arguing with each other. "I do believe that they are more interested in fighting each other than the droids." Obi-wan confessed to Anakin as the rebels continued to fight among themselves.

"You aren't a fighter Bonteri! Sit down boy, this isn't the Senate. We won't win this battle by talking." Saw jeered at the Onderonian Senator.

Lux glowered. "We won't win this battle either by running blindly into a fight and getting ourselves killed!" He shot back, getting right up in Saw's face.

The older boy wasn't impressed as he shoved Lux away. "Yeah? We'll go write a speech about it." He snarled and jerked away from Lux.

Steela eventually grew tired of their bickering and stepped in-between the two males. "Alright enough! Saw, Lux, apologise to each other right now! You're both right but what we really need to win this war is compromise. Do either of you know what that word means? I hope so or for the love of Force try to get along! Is it really that difficult?" Both boys suddenly looked ashamed of their behaviour and gave a short, quiet apology to each other. "Very good." Steela muttered as the trio and other rebels walked away.

Ahsoka had been stood on the outskirts of their arguments and wasn't surprised by Obi-wan's idea. They were always keen to start a fight with each other. "Why do they keep fighting?" She asked her Masters curiously.

Anakin sighed as he turned to her. "They're tense. They've spent do long hidden away in these jungles that tensions continue to go up. What they need is to go into the capital city of Iziz and try to make some difference there. How they do that is another question." Anakin pinches the bridge of his nose and rested his head on Obi-wan's. It was something he'd gotten into the habit of doing as a Padawan but Anakin's growth spurt over the last few years meant that it was more of an uncomfortable comfort strangely.

The older Master gently nudged his head off of his own. "Maybe the rebels themselves will have a plan? Remember, we are only here as advisors so we don't have to come up with plans. Our job is to supervise and help them flourish on their own." Ahsoka sighed for she felt far too invested in these rebels to just be called an advisor. Lux and her were having an unknown feud over divided affections, Saw had started to take quite an interest in her and Steela could barely tolerate her. Ahsoka was certainly more involved than the Council would want her to be.

Still, Ahsoka doubted their capabilities to come up with a plan. The last plan Lux had made had ended up with the two of them stranded on a freezing ice planet surrounded by terrorists. She also was pretty sure that Saw was the type of person who very rarely came up with a plan. Much like her Master. Steela may be the type of person who came up with a plan but it may take some time for her to get everyone ready. "We could at least come up with a plan that we will be able to evaluate easily." Ahsoka reasoned with her superiors as they looked thoughtful at her idea.

Anakin was the first to cave. "Ahsoka does have a pretty good point. If the rebels came up with a super complicated plan then it might be difficult for us to judge whether or not they are succeeding. That is part of our job, right Master? We wouldn't be doing our job correctly if we didn't evaluate their plans to their strengths." Anakin had started to nudge his former Master in a teasing manner as Obi-wan looked increasingly uncomfortable at the thought of doing his job wrong.

Rex too looked in favour of coming up with a plan for the rebels to try to execute and eventually Obi-wan gave into the idea as well. "Very well. What plan do you have in mind?"  Ahsoka, Rex and Anakin suddenly stopped and looked at each other, stumped at what their actual plan would be.

Anakin's eyes suddenly lit up. "I've got it! If we can get the rebels into the capital city then they can rally more support. Plus, they can finally get the King's attention; if that happens then the rebels won't need our help any further." He began to jog over to where the rebels were sitting around the holo-table and clapped his hands to get their attention. "Okay, listen up! You all have improved at defending yourselves and defeating oncoming droids. Now it's time to take the fight to the capital. King Rash will defeat you in instants if you don't have the support of the people and the knowledge of the city. If you want to be known then the best thing to do is bring the attention to you. Right now, the people know you as terrorists but I'm sure there are those among them who consider you heros. Now, how are you going to get into the city?" Anakin concluded his speech to give the fighters a chance to think.

Lux grinned. "I have an idea." He began to outline his plan on the holo-table and Ahsoka had to admit that this plan sounded better than his last one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Onderon capital city of Iziz was a bustling market city filled with merchants and traders from across the galaxy selling exotic goods. Silks, satins and spices filled every nook and cranny of the city and people went about their daily lives surrounded by culture. The palace stood proud and tall high above the centre where the imposter King and his army leaders watched over his people. Droids of every description moved about the streets, hidden in the shadows and making sure to impose the Separatists rule.

Lux and Ahsoka were sat next to each other on the front of a huge wagon covered in fur that hid their fellow rebels. Ahsoka was wearing a brown cloak and Lux had a rugged backpack on. It was the one of the first times in their visit they had properly had a chance to talk. Steela of course was hugging the side of the fur and listening intently but there wasn't much she could do. Ahsoka sighed as the afternoon sun hit her face, illuminating her fiery skin. "I have to admit Lux, this plan does sound a lot better than your one on Carlac." She grinned as he brushed her comment off through laughs.

"I know, this plan has come out of logical thinking whereas Carlac was more of an emotional idea. I'm glad you were there though, I'm glad you're here now." Lux gently nudged her shoulder as Ahsoka shuffled into a more comfortable position. Something about Lux's voice caused her to suddenly snap to attention. He looked over at her and saw the surprise on her face, making the connections. "Is it about my voice?" Ahsoka nodded, mute. "Yeah, I wondered how long it would take you to mention that. I guess being back home has strengthened my accent, you're the only one who this is weird for." He laughed as Ahsoka tried to look nonchalant yet failed to hide her curiousity. "Do you like it?" He asked, remembering how Ahsoka had liked his accent on Raxus.

Blushing, Ahsoka nodded and desperately hoped that he wouldn't trade her about it like he had before. Lux didn't have a chance to as they reached the gate and had to trick the droids into letting them in. After a few moments, the droids deemed them acceptable to enter and the rebels entered the heart of Onderon. Once they had reached a good stopping point, the rebels unloaded and started to prepare for their strikes. Lux hopped off his ride and looked up to where Steela and Ahsoka were still getting ready. "Good luck." He called up.

"You too." Both women chorused both turning to glare at each other. The moment passed and everyone continued to get ready.

Obi-wan and Anakin had been following and watching the events unfold with a slight smile. "I have a feeling that these rebels will turn out to surprise us." The older Jedi admitted.

Anakin grinned at their interactions and his Master's words.. "So you admit our plan is working then?"

Obi-wan sighed. "I'm cautiously optimistic however, it appears so. I only hope it lasts..." They both looked out over to where pockets of rebels had already vanished, this time with Lux and Ahsoka running off together. As it should be.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, one after another, aren't you lucky! I just felt in a writing roll this weekend so I had to get these chapters out. I'm really looking forward to writing the next few, plenty of Luxsoka. I'll update again soon but I'm not sure if it will be tomorrow. Bye, bye.