Chapter 16: For Onderon

While Ahsoka and Lux had been busy with the Ruplings and the Jedi and Rex had gone looking for them; Saw, Steela and the other rebels had been preparing to free King Dendup at a public execution the day after. After Saw had stormed off he'd gone to free the King himself but gotten caught which meant that Steela had to gather a team to go and rescue him. Their plan had been going rather well into they were all caught and lined up for execution. "You did good, Sis." Saw had tried to comfort his sister in their final moments but it never came.

Instead, screams of horror and awe filled the skies as Steela was sure she heard King Rash mutter. "Impossible." Daring to open up her eyes, Steela gasped at the sight above her: The Rupling Queen. No one had ever seen her before but it was said that her powers were legendary and unparalleled. Riding above her were Lux and Ahsoka which was both not a surprise and a surprise for the rebels. The Queen had opened her mouth and expelled roaring blue flames that destroyed the Onderonian palace and gave them all a chance to escape. The General and most of the Onderonian military followed the rebels and King Dendup into the jungles while the public started to run away and King Rash fled to survive.

Ahsoka and Lux looked down as the Queen started to fly across to the cliffs. They could hear the sounds of many footsteps running through the dirt, leaves before turning to dust and stone. The sound of blaster shots echoed behind them as the Separatists followed them closely. "Lux? I think the rebels are going towards that cliff. Is it safe?" Lux looked over her shoulder as he noticed Steela, Saw and the King running towards it.

"Yeah, that cliff isn't safe. Mother always wanted to put warnings signs and a safety railing around it. Its known as 'scogliera della morte'. We better make sure to keep them away from it." Ahsoka nodded as they flew down next to other Ruplings.

"What's 'scogliera della morte'." She asked as they ran towards the other rebels and she activated her sabers. Ahsoka leaped across Sazze and another few rebels came under attack from a group of droids.

Lux came up behind her and shot a droideka that had yet to put its shield up. "It's Onderon for death cliff. Try and guess why?" He ran back towards the main section of cliffs where the rest of the rebels were holding down the fort. "Oh and, you're welcome." Ahsoka laughed as she followed him, taking down a tank approaching them.

Steela and Saw were stood next to King Dendup as the pair approached. "My dear, thank you for coming to save me. The people are lucky to have you leading and fighting for their freedom. Don't you think Master Jedi?" The King placed his hands on her shoulders with a smile.

Steela seemed overwhelmed and tried to thank the King for  the great honour while Ahsoka stood beside them with a surprisingly tight smile. "A great choice." She then moved back beside Lux however he was looking at Steela intently.

Saw interrupted the proceedings and called out towards all of the rebels. "Sorry to interrupt but we've got clankers incoming! Commander, where are the Generals?!" Ahsoka had been wondering that question herself however with the impending doom of the rebels and the Rupling Queen Ashla, it was hard to focus on them. She just shook her head at him as she ran towards the Queen to prepare to fly. Lux had stayed behind as though he wanted to talk to Steela but she moved before he got the chance to.

They both went to their respective Ruplings however before Lux could saddle himself on Queen Ashla, Steela cane up behind him and pulled him into a kiss! Ahsoka had turned to check on Lux only to immediately turn away with a red hot despair race through her throat. It only lasted for a few seconds but it was enough to fill Ahsoka's head with darkness. "Just in case." She heard Steela mutter to Lux as she walked away. Lux was smiling like an idiot as he climbed on top of the Rupling. Ahsoka felt it was her job to bring him back down to reality and remind him of her with a reasonably hard punch to the shoulder as they flew off.