Chapter 11: Jewellery

The rebels had disappeared into little groups and had begun to run around the streets and rooftops, taking down droid patrols. Saw and a few of his friends had taken down a couple of groups that were harassing civilians while Steela and a group were using sniper rifles to take out droids one by one. "That should give King Rash something to think about." Steela cheered as Anakin watched beside her.

"Hopefully, it depends if he was listening." Anakin sighed as they came down from the rooftops. Support for the rebels were growing yet the King still did not show much interest in them. For now it seemed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the throne room of the palace, King Rash, the tactical droid and the army general where sat around the throne. The rebels had gotten the King's attention and he was annoyed. "Five droid patrol groups have been attached within the last rotation. This aren't just simple coincidences my Lord, this is a defiance to your rule." The tactical droid explained to the King while he lounged on the throne.

With a wave of his hand, King Rash made a demand. "Bring in my predecessor." Two soldiers nodded and went to retrieve the former King Dendup from his prison. King Dendup was an elderly man who had a long white beard and robes, a kind yet naïve heart. He believed Onderon could remain neutral in the war but eventually every world must pick a side. "You, the former King, did you order these rebels to come and fight back?" King Rash wasn't impressed and despised the thought of being left vulnerable.

King Dendup shook his head. "How could I? I have been locked away in here while you rule in pretense on my throne. The people of Onderon will never be yours, they will be free!" The former King's anger began to rise as the soldiers struggled to hold him back.

King Rash was angry now. "LIAR! I know you ordered them to fight in your name, that is what they say! Tell me who they are and where they are and I might just postpone your death." He obviously wouldn't do that but the fear of death often made people more talkative.

King Dendup sighed, defeated. "I told you before, I don't know who they are. I didn't order any rebellion. The people who are resisting your rule are doing it totally out of their own beliefs." He was dragged back away to his cell while King Rash mulled over what he said.

"If that's true," He began. "Then more fool them. I'll kill them all. General, tell me who they are!" The general nodded and started up a hologram.

The first picture was of Steela. "This is Steela Gerrera, she is one of the leading rebels on the attacks. Someone with excellent people skills and sniper abilities." He clicked the button to move the hologram along to Saw. "Saw Gerrera, her brother. Considered the true fighting leader behind some of the more daring raids; he is headstrong and impulsive, making him a formidable warrior." Finally, the hologram turned to Lux. "Lux Bonteri, son of the late Senator Mina and General Luthor Bonteri. Brother to the late Melissa Bonteri. He is a political person much like his Mother. It is said that he is a personal friend to the Jedi, my Lord." The current general of the Onderon army had been a good friend to Luthor and missed him greatly. It was surprising to him to see how similar his son was.

King Rash didn't even look bothered by the mention of the Jedi. "Until they make a move that directly affects me, let them struggle. We have the numbers needed to defeat them, just wait." He went back to eating the fruit next to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka and Lux jumped over the rooftop edge of a jewellers shop selling rubies, sapphires, topazes, emeralds and diamonds. Lux stopped after he landed to look back at a couple just coming out of the shop, one woman had a sapphire necklace on while she helped her girlfriend put on a ruby ring. Ahsoka had also stopped to see what had caused him to stop. Seeing him admire the jewelry, she grinned and nudged him yet the bitterness of seeing him with Steela stopped her from being as joyful as she could be. "Think someone might like that?" Ahsoka asked bitterly as Lux's ears turned red.

Unaware of her annoyance and smiling, he grinned back at her. "Maybe, which of these is your favourite?" Ahsoka was stunned into silence as she realised he was thinking about getting one for her. Lux's smile wavered when she didn't respond with her usual playfulness. "'Soka, you okay?" Lux asked worriedly.

Ahsoka shook her head also surprised by his use of his special nickname for her. "I'm fine I just thought that... You, may have... Err, wantedtogiveittosomeoneelse!" Ahsoka spat out the last few words extremely quickly but Lux understood all of them.

"'Soka, who did you think I meant?" Lux asked her, frowning. Ahsoka hated herself right in that moment, Lux wasn't the type of person to ask his kind of old girlfriend what type of jewellery his kind of new girlfriend would like. The realisation dawned on his face. "Ahsoka, why would you think I would be buy jewellery for Steela? She doesn't even like it. What in the galaxy would make you think that?" Lux seemed to pick up on her dislike of Steela and began to wonder if Ahsoka was extremely unhappy here. He did not want that for her own his home planet he had asked her to come and save.

Ahsoka sighed, she really hasn't wanted this conversation here and now. "It wasn't so much you said, actually it was but it was more your actions. You seemed to really like Steela and I thought that you didn't like me anymore. That's why I worked with Saw because you went to work with Steela without even considering me and you just seem so fascinated by her!" Ahsoka's shoulders began to shake, causing her to curse inwardly for the last thing she wanted to do was start crying. Eventually she recovered her breath and began again. "I just... I just thought that you'd moved on and well, it hurt." Ahsoka felt her energy slump as Lux suddenly wrapped himself around her.

Lifting her chin up to face him, Lux looked deep into her eyes. "Ahsoka I do not nor have I ever liked Steela in the way I have liked you. However you are right: I don't like you, I love you. Always have, always will. Simple as that. I'm sorry you thought that I would just play with your feelings like that, if I have been too close to Steela it's really not in a romantic way. She is one of my oldest friends and she's extension passionate about freeing Onderon. I just wanted to seem as though I could be helpful. Now, what type of jewelry would you like?" Ahsoka started to laugh at the fact he was still concerned over buying her a piece of materialistic metal when Jedi couldn't have material possessions. Still, it was the thought that counted.

Yet Ahsoka didn't feel like just moving on from their moment and pulled Lux back towards her. Smiling, the Jedi met Lux's lips with her own and kept them there until her negativity completely disappeared. Lux wrapped his arms around her back, sending shivers down her spine and softly nudging her face with his own. Eventually they broke apart and Ahsoka looked back down at the store. "You've already given me a necklace." Ahsoka reminded him, playing with the golden diamond around her neck. "I think this time I'll go for a little diamond headpiece." She reached up to touch her Akul headdress that had a small divot in it where a tiny diamond could fit. She then remembered something. "But we get back to the mission straight after!"

Lux laughed while smiling. "Of course, dragostea mea, I promise." The Togruti rolling easily off his tonuge. Then they shared another kiss.

I hope you liked the Luxsoka fluff in this chapter, I did. Again, updated day after another! Lucky people! I'm not sure how long I can keep this streak up but I will try. Bye, bye.