Chapter 34: Trial and Error

Yippee! Onderon- A Luxsoka Fanfic has reached over 500 reads! Thank you to all of the readers of this story who have sticked with us until the end. This is also the penultimate chapter of the final book in the 'Legat' series. I hope you have enjoyed these three adventures. This story will be finished on the 22nd. May 15th was when Raxus's prologue was first published. Three books within seven months. That's pretty good I think. Now, to almost conclude the story!

Ahsoka was once again sat in a cold, dark, damp cell. Her lekku felt strangely empty without the slight tug of her Padawan braid. Well, she was no longer a Padawan now, or even a member of the Jedi Order. They had expelled her. Expelled her because they didn't trust her; because they were afraid the accusations against her were true. Years of fighting for them, risking her life for them, forgotten in an instant. Maybe Letta had been right: The Jedi weren't who they thought they were anymore. The door to her cell opened and Anakin and Padme walked in. "Snips!" Anakin was incredibly pleased to see that she was okay as she ran into his arms, feeling somewhat more secure with them both here. Yet it wasn't the same as it had been when she'd woken up after being returned from being on the run.

Padme also joined in the hug and the trio just tried to comfort one another in this difficult time. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asked the young Togruta who responded with a shake of her head. However they all knew that just meant physically. Emotionally Ahsoka was probably so beaten up she would be left with scars that would never heal.

Anakin had struggled greatly in the days after her expellment and days leading up to her trial. Obi-wan had tried to be as much support as he could possibly be but his position on the Jedi Council and their decision had caused friction between the two. Anakin had started to lose a grip on his powers and had described his feelings to Padme as a growing darkness that was similar to when his mother died. He didn't want Ahsoka to die however his wife assured him that the death penalty wouldn't be used on a minor, even for cases of terrorism or sedation.

Ahsoka sat back down on the bench she like all the rest of the prisoners had been supplied with as a bed. "How is everyone?"

Anakin and Padme looked at each other before she spoke. "Anakin and I are fine thank you. Master Kenobi wishes to see you bit certain events have rendered that option... Unavailable. Captain Rex is busy with Republic work and... You're here." She hugged Ahsoka again as a frown made its way back onto her face. What Padme had failed to mention was that Rex was actually deep in an investigation as to Lux's whereabouts. He'd been reported missing by a woman called Vizzal Shala a few days ago. The absence of a Senator not being announced or made known to the authorities sooner was strange and subsequently worrying as to the security of the Republic.

Anakin seemed to be evaluating something and once he seemed okay, he turned and started to head out the door. "Wait Master, where are you going?" Ahsoka asked him, acutely aware that she no longer had to call him Master anymore.

Anakin turned to her with a smile. "Padme is going to be and help with your defense. She's going to represent you at your trial. I'm going to go and find Ventress and see what else I can learn from this incident." His voice turned into a slight growl towards the end but both women understood why. He left them alone with a wave as Padme turned to Ahsoka with a smile.

"Okay Ahsoka, let's get to work on your defense." She started optimistically however Ahsoka pessimism caused her to stop.

Noticing that she had stopped, Ahsoka attempted a grin. "I'm sorry if I'm not completely optimistic about my options. It seems like everyone already thinks I'm guilty." She sighed and Padme felt bad for her.

"Don't worry, I'm sure not everyone thinks you're completely guilty." She nudged Ahsoka before pulling her into a hug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------