Chapter 23: Remembrance

Lux had disappeared into a souvenir shop that sold little inexpensive trinkets that people would like to take back home. It was a small shop with bright and colourful signs and products, made mostly out of thin weavy straw and bamboo despite being pushed in-between two stone buildings on Coruscant. Lux smiled for you didn't see many buildings in this planet that weren't made of stone and straw buildings were extinct. No one made shops out of that. Except this one it seemed.

There was an elderly yellow Rodian behind the counter that reminded Lux a lot of Librarian Rida Bomu back at his mansion on Raxus. After he inherited the Senatorial mansion back on Onderon, Lux had given all of his Raxus employees a job on Onderon yet Rida congratulated him on making his family proud and retired back home on Rodia. He made a mental note to go and visit her when he left Coruscant to return home. He wondered how she was doing. "Excuse me?" He asked her.

The lady gave a slight jump yet rather energetic smile when she saw him. "Hello my dear! How can I help you?" She had youth in her eyes and a spring in her step that made Lux grin as a friendly warmth spread through him at seeing this very grandmotherly figure. Lux didn't speak to any of his family anymore as he renounced the Separatists which included his grandparents. He was only realising now how much he missed them.

"I have a rather unusual request. A few years ago a Onderon Senator and her daughter came to Coruscant and this level just in passing. I was wondering whether you remembered them. It's okay if you don't. It was the day of a prison breakout four years ago." The date narrowed it down for the old woman and Lux saw the spark of recognition light up her eyes.

"Brown hair? Reasonably strong accent? Posh? Wore a lot of silver and white?" Lux didn't know whether it was his Mother or sister she was describing but it certainly sounded familiar to him. He nodded eagerly. "Yeah I think I remember them. The sweet little girl brought a fridge magnet for her brother or Father while the woman was curious about my state; working as an elderly single shop owner deep in the heart of the Coruscant underworld in a shop made of reed and bamboo. Nice people." She smiled at Lux and at the memory. "Did that help?" He nodded again, feeling odd to know that a few years ago his sister and Mother were once stood where he stood now. It was also nice to know that this lovely woman took the time to remember them.

"Thank you, that's a big help." Lux thanked her as he pulled a fountain pen off one of the racks. "I'd like to buy this."

The Rodian smiled at him, a smile that made him think she knew all. "Take it. Free of charge. Tell the girl that Laz Blerma hopes she at peace the next time you talk to her." Lux nodded slightly stunned as he waved goodbye to the nice old lady. Her words confused Lux as it sounded as though she already knew the truth about his sister.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka, Rex, Jesse, Fives, Kix and Anakin had now come out of the warehouse after the Jedi General had recovered from his sudden void. Ahsoka could see how grateful the clones and her Master were for helping him to recover but all she had done was listen. Clovis being the person Anakin held responsible for his breakdown caused Ahsoka great concern although she was careful not to let her Master know that. Ahsoka needed to know more so she would go to the root of the cause: Padme. "Snips? Do you need a ride back to the Temple?" Anakin had summoned a speeder via his comnlink and was watching his fighters get in.

Ahsoka shook her head. "It's okay Master, I've got a ride. Besides, I have somewhere else to be at the moment." Anakin nodded and the men all waved back at her as they flew away. Ahsoka returned the gesture as she signaled for Lux to come and get her. A few moments later he parked in front of her with a smile.

"Hey, was everything okay? Is your Master any better?" His concern was touching so Ahsoka gave him a small peck on his cheek as she climbed on behind him.

"He was a bit quite when I first arrived but I overlooked Kix's tests and the results were as Rex confirmed so I went to sit next to him and figured out that the Force may have something to do with it. So I asked Rex and the others to give us a moment and I just talked to him. I managed to get him to let it all out and he blamed Clovis for what happened. I don't know if you have anywhere else to be but it would be a big help if you could take me to Padme. If she did something to upset Anakin on behalf of Clovis then I need to get to the bottom of this! However if you have somewhere else to be then I understand." Ahsoka suddenly realised that she was being rather demanding of Lux's services and immediately started to induct her Jedi training to show complete and utter gratitude.

Lux laughed although there was an undercurrent of annoyance. "You're doing it again. 'Soka, you've done so much for me over this last year and it's about time I start to reciprocate the gestures. You've been incredibly kind, patient and loyal to me and I haven't always been the nicest to you. The least I can do for you is help you understand why your Master went a little crazy and what two Senators for Naboo and the banks have to do with it. Plus, to tell you the truth, I'm actually just as curious as you are as to what is going on." Ahsoka laughed as well as the pair took off but she became surprised when he turned in the opposite direction of the Senate building.

"Why are we going this way? Shouldn't Padme be at the Senate?" She called to him over the wind.

Lux shook his head, causing his mess of dark hair to fall over his face and tickle him. Ahsoka really liked his hair she had come to realise. "Padme was very distracted today after the meeting so I think she just went home to sort some things out and do some work at home. Don't worry, she'll be happy to see us." Lux caught the look of worry on her face and was quick to reassure her.

Ahsoka nodded. "Okay, oh! What did you do while I was in the warehouse?" Ahsoka realised that she had forgot to ask him.

Lux looked pleased that she had asked. "It was actually quite interesting. My sister, that was where she died. I know that area well. I was looking in shops and other places she might've gone in to see if they remembered her. I only went in one run by an orange Rodian named Laz Blerma who did actually remember her. She said Melissa was sweet. She was buying a magnet for me, it was the one thing Mother brought home from that trip." He lowered his head so her vision was obscured however she could see the glistening of tears in his eyes.

"Lux, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. At least she's remembered by those who saw her last. It's nice that people talk the time to remember her. You know, people say that first impressions count however I think that it's the last impression that is important. Your sister left a good one."

He turned to her with a weak smile. "Thank you Ahsoka, I needed to hear that."

I hope you enjoyed this daily chapter update. I liked the bit with Laz and her store. I'll update again tomorrow so don't worry. Bye, bye.