Chapter 18: Boredom

Well this isn't an update on Onderon's current number of reads for this is the final update for Carlac- A Luxsoka Fanfic. It has now reached the milestone of 1000 reads! Yippee! Thank you to all of the readers who helped my stories achieve this. As with Raxus, this will be the last reads update for Carlac so from now on it will just be about Onderon. For now though, on with the story!

Lux and Ahsoka walked side by side the entire time she was looking after him. They couldn't act as they may have liked in front of all the other Senators such as calling each other by their nicknames but it was pleasant to be together again. However this also meant that they had to be formal and be called Padawan Tano and Senator Bonteri. Only Mace Windu and other Senators called them that, respectively. Plus they didn't get much time on their own as the King and fellow political people were constantly around them and Lux had such a busy schedule it was hard for him to relax. Lux may have been on Coruscant before however back then he had been the non-existent Senator of a Separatist planet that he had become disillusioned with and hadn't been to since he was eleven. Now he was a lot more noticeable.

"Senator Bonteri! I need to talk to you!" Another Senator who Ahsoka recognised as Senator Orn Free Taa called up behind them as one of his servants got in their way so the pair couldn't move forward.

Lux sighed although only Ahsoka could hear. "Senator Taa, how can I help you?" The older blue Twi'lek caught up to them and turned to them with a smile.

He then noticed Ahsoka and gave her a nice although confused smile as well. "Padawan Tano, it's nice to see you again." She gave him a small nod to show her appreciation before the Senator turned back to his fellow politician. "Senator, I believe that you and I need to discuss the new bill that's coming onto the floor in a few weeks. When do you think would be acceptable for us to talk?" The Twi'lek Senator seemed so hopeful that Lux felt bad that he slightly raised his eyebrows at Ahsoka as she pulled up his schedule which she'd taken to carrying around. She couldn't help but hide a smirk as her poor friend was completely booked for the next week and four days.

Turning back to the other Senator, Lux tried to say the next few words with as much authority as he could muster. "I'm sorry Senator Taa, it appears as though I don't have any available time for a while. When I clear some space I'll be sure to contact you." Senator Taa nodded as though this was ground-breaking news and walked away, speaking to his assistants about getting something to eat.

Ahsoka put his schedule back away, trying with all of her Jedi teachings not to burst into laughter. "Senator Bonteri," Ahsoka began, clearing her throat to try and dispel any rising laughs. "Why do you need to arrange meetings with other Senators weeks before the actual meeting?" The smile on her face grew until her cheeks ached and she was trying extremely hard not to burst out laughing.

Lux saw her expression and grabbed her arm, dragging the giggling Togruta behind him. "Come on! Let's get you out of here." He grumbled as Ahsoka could barely stand up straight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After half an hour of Ahsoka and Lux shut in his new office and trying to control her laughter, he finally managed to get a coherent conversation out of her. "Are you okay now?" Lux asked her as Ahsoka took several deep breaths to control herself.

"Yeah I feel better now, just a bit foolish." Ahsoka was now aware of what a fool she had been but Lux was making sure she did not feel embarrassed.

He grinned at her now. "Don't worry, you were laughing for the both of us. It does get ridiculous from time to time around here. What I find most ridiculous is that I've only been Senator for just over a week but my second and third week are going to be full. I was kind of hoping it would be quite easy these first few weeks." Ahsoka could sense his frustration without using the Force and walked over to him, draping her arms across his neck and chest whilst leaning into him.

"Bet that must get really frustrating." She whispered softly and stroking his face.

Lux fell for the bait hook, line and sinker although he knew what she was doing. "Yeah, just endless meetings of endless statistics about an endless war. Boring, boring, boring and more boring. Then the boredom becomes frustration and I just get all annoyed." Ahsoka felt bad for him now and wanted to rectify his negativity.

"Maybe I can do something to cheer you up?" She muttered against his jaw, feeling the strong bones beneath it and slowly making her way up to his lips. They were warm and soft with a citrusy taste on them which caused Ahsoka to remember how much she missed kissing him.

They both started to become hungrier as the kiss continued yet Ahsoka could still sense Lux clinging onto reality and not melting away to the world they could create where it was just them. "What's wrong?" She asked as she gently sucked on his lower lip.

Lux wanted to close off his mind and just focus on the beautiful girl in front of him but his brain was desperate to remember something. "I really doubt that this was in your briefing. Your job is to protect us Senators from threats." He teased as he tugged on her waist to bring her back to him.

Ahsoka gave a small laugh. "I'm protecting you from the threat of boredom and villain know as politics. Trust me, you're fine here. Nothing can come to hurt you." She started to kiss him again but something in her words stirred a memory in him...

"Karabast!" Lux jumped up with such a ferocity that Ahsoka stumbled a few steps back. Noticing her unbalance, Lux reached out to steady her. "Sorry but I just remembered- I have a meeting I'm supposed to be in... Ten minutes ago!" Ahsoka looked surprised but when she checked his schedule she realised that he was right and her behaviour had only caused him to be late. This was not good Jedi behaviour.

"Sorry." She whispered as he rushed to gather his things.

Lux stopped his mad panic to look up at her. "It's not your fault, I should've been keeping an eye on the time. I'll see you in a couple of hours, then?" This confused Ahsoka as she assumed she would be accompanying him for protection. He noticed her look. "The Chancellor asked for no external presences at this particular meeting because it's very important for some reason. I'll find out though. You're welcome to stay here but I'm worried that you may get a bit bored." Ahsoka laughed some more as he gave her a small kiss before racing down the corridor towards the actual Senate hall itself.

I hope you enjoyed this daily chapter that had some nice Luxsoka fluff in it. I will definitely update on Thursday though next time because I'm going to spend tomorrow going over my stories and ironing out any spelling mistakes. Bye, bye.