Chapter 5: Decisions

The Jedi Council was sat in their respective seats looking at each other without saying a word. They were pleased Captain Rex had found Padawan Tano and returned her safely to her Master. Yet the things she and the Onderonian Senator had a accused them of rang in their brains. Had they really fell so far from who they were meant to be? Obi-wan coughed slightly and inclined his head towards Master Yoda and Mace Windu. "I have been thinking and while I did point out all of the impracticalities of this plan I feel obligated to point out that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we gave it a trial run. We do need more planets to fight for the Republic and we don't have the resources to sustain prolonged battles. If we went through with what Anakin and Padawan Tano suggested, it could be of use to us." Obi-wan looked over at his fellow Jedi and could see them agreeing with him. They were now much more open to the idea of supporting the Onderonian rebels. Obi-wan did feel guilty that the Jedi Masters would listen to him and not Anakin, Ahsoka or Lux. 

"I sense unease in you, Master Kenobi." Mace Windu looked over at the voice of peace with a frown.

Obi-wan looked over at his friend, incredulous at his audacity to presume innocence. Still, he didn't want to put them off the idea any further. "No Master, everything is fine. I will go and find Anakin and Ahsoka to tell them the good news. Good day." Obi-wan gave a slight bow of respect as well as he left the Council chambers in search of his best friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The missing Jedi in question were stood overlooking the 501st as they went about their normal lives before the next mission got called in. Anakin turned to his Padawan with a smile. "I'm glad.Rex found you, Snips. I was worried that you would just take off without a plan and do something extremely reckless. I know, I know, I do things like that all the time but it's different between you and me: I've had years more worth of training than you have. I'm the general and so I know how war, battles and fighting work." Anakin could sense Ahsoka glaring at him so quickly retraced his words. "I just don't want you to see you get hurt, in any way, that's all." Ahsoka grinned up at her Master with the biggest smile on her face as she lent into him for a hug. Anakin did love her greatly, both as a sister and a daughter at times and it was the same ways for her. Anakin was both her brother and father as well as her teacher. She would be lost without him.

Unfortunately their moment was interrupted by the approaching footsteps of Obi-wan Kenobi. "Anakin, Ahsoka, good I've found you. The Council has changed its mind and is now willing to help the Onderonian fighters as a test run to see if the idea is worth proceeding with. I do believe that they will send the three of us to oversee things, so... Good news!" Obi-wan seemed to know that while this turn of events would please Anakin, Ahsoka would be harder to persuade.

Ahsoka broke away from the hug and folded her arms as her face contorted into a frown. "Why have the Jedi just changed their minds now? Lux and the others believe we have left them for dead! Which they would be! Did you give them a big speech from a Jedi Master that made them feel more comfortable? Did you use a mind trick? Will we have to suffer a punishment for doing our job? Jedi are suppose to be peacekeepers but all I've been since I became a Padawan is a soldier." She took a deep breath to compose herself and made the mistake of looking down and catching Rex's eyes. He gave her a small smile and salute to show that it would be okay. Somehow the knowledge that Rex understood her frustration allowed Ahsoka to turn back to her Masters with a smile. "Still, it doesn't matter. So long as we help Lux that's what's important." She strolled away as Obi-wan and Anakin followed her with a frown.

"And the rebels, right Snips?" He checked to make sure she wasn't losing focus but Ahsoka just waved her and as though that was irrelevant and continued walking. Anakin must've made a face for Obi-wan patted him on the shoulder.

"So long as she, you, myself, the clones and the Council are happy and the mission is successfully completed, it shouldn't matter how we get them there." The wise words spoken by his former Master were always a comfort as Anakin grinned. Obi-wan seemed pleased to have encouraged his friends. "As I'm aware, you still have to brief Rex on the mission. I'll go get the shuttle ready." Obi-wan walked away as Anakin continued to grin like an idiot as he jumped down into the heart of the barracks to inform his captain of the latest developments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on Onderon, Lux had found his way back to the main path that led back to the rebel encampment. While he didn't have a whole plan sorted out in his head, the young Senator was confident that Steela and Saw would have come up with something he could hopefully contribute to. It was cowardly to flee and let others come up with a plan and Lux was sure Saw would let him know that but he'd been so desperately clinging to the Jedi helping them that the rejection of their cry for help left Lux stunned.

Suddenly, he felt his holo-transmitter begin to beep and signal an incoming call. Lux was surprised. Since he had become a known 'terrorist' he had not experienced many people reaching out to him. In fact, Lux was almost completely sure that the only numbers that could contact him were those of his fellow rebels for long-range communication reasons. Nevertheless, he was curious as something felt different about this call.

Reaching into his pocket, Lux pulled the small silver disc out that was flashing blue and activated it. Poor Lux nearly dropped the device in surprise for the face staring back at him was none other than that of Ahsoka's. "Ahsoka! Hi, how are you? Why are you calling? Did the Jedi change their minds or something? Are you in danger? Do you need help?" Lux knew he was asking a lot of unnecessary questions but he hadn't heard from Ahsoka in nearly six months and know he has seen her twice in one day. 'Relax Lux.' He scolded himself. 'Soka is a Jedi, she can and will take care of herself.'

Ahsoka didn't seem at all annoyed by his questions yet she did seem to be frowning. Maybe it was the hologram or the fact she hadn't spoken to him in months, but Lux certainly sounded different. And looked different but then again he was an outlaw living in the jungles, anyone would look different. She missed him greatly and felt her heart begin to beat faster at the thought of being reunited with him once more. 'Ahsoka!' She yelled at herself. 'Learn to have some control. At the end of the day regardless of Lux, the people of Onderon need your help and you are going over there to free them. That is your main focus, anything else is either a bonus, extra or an extra bonus.' Smiling up at him to disguise her warring thoughts, Ahsoka gave him the good news. "I'm fine thank you, better than fine! I'm spectacular! The Council changed their minds because our arguements came out of Obi-wan's voice and they agreed to come and help you fight! Obi-wan, Anakin, Captain Rex and myself are coming over to Onderon within the next rotation!" Her voice reached a higher pitch as Ahsoka did a happy twirl to show her joy while Lux laughed.

"'Soka, this is great news! The others will be thrilled to have some proper combat training. Between you and me, we could all really use it." He grinned as Ahsoka's eyes sparkled with joy. They would be together again soon.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry it is a day late. And I was doing so well! I promise that the next update will be on time so don't worry. Bye, bye.