Chapter 6: Arrival

Ahsoka was buzzing. She was ecstatic to be going to Onderon to help Lux as well as the other freedom fighters. The teenage Togruta was practically bouncing off the walls and, though no one would say anything, Ahsoka was becoming a bit of an obstacle with her overeagerness to be underway. "Come on! We don't have time for that! We need to go, I promised Lux we would be there within the rotation!" Ahsoka started using the Force to pick up crates of ammunitions and explosives to start getting them on the shuttle faster but Captain Rex and Anakin was quick to get her to stop.

"Snips, trust me, we're all pleased to be going to help all of the rebels but we're no good to anyone blow to smithereens! Just calm down and try to find something fun. It'll go quicker that way." Anakin gently patted her on the head as she fumed silently. She stomped off to sulk in private on the ship while Obi-wan shook his head. "What?" Anakin asked innocently.

Obi-wan ignored his former Padawan and began to help Rex gather some last minute blasters. "Captain? What are your expectations for these young fighters?" As Rex was the soldier with the military experience, he would be the one directly the bulk of their training.

Rex wiped his brow. "Hard to say General, they could have a range of skills over many different areas. The important aspects of disabling tanks, droidekas and cutting off main communications between the soldiers and their leaders. It may take some work but I'm sure they will all be keen to learn." The clone hauled the last of the crates on board and called out to his general. "Sir, we're ready to go." Anakin raised his hand in acknowledgement while Obi-wan took his seat as co-pilot.

"Finally!" Ahsoka cheered as she came running out of her quarters to get ready for hyperspace. Her bounce had returned in the last five minutes as Rex dodged out of her way.

Anakin arrived looking cool, casual and as confident as ever, pleased to be flying again. "Okay guys, get ready. Obi-wan, please put the coordinates in." He ran some checks over the engines while the eldest of the crew prepared the hyperdrive for action. A knowing whirr started in the depths of the shuttle and rose along with the volume as the engines came to life and took off into the atmosphere before shooting the friends off into an hour long trip to Onderon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the rebel encampment, organised chaos had ensued once everyone knew the Jedi were coming to help. Saw of course had been skeptical along with others about the speed of their change of heart but went along with preparing for their arrival anyway. Lux was in charge of waiting by the table and checking to see if any ships that resembled something that the Jedi might use came into the atmosphere. Saw was to guard the encampment and keep the Separatists from detecting them while Steela and a few others trekked out into the jungle to find them.

They weren't disappointed about help being there within the hour for Steela had barely left before Lux picked something up. The shuttle flew close to the jungle treetops and the doors opened as four figures jumped out, one with a jetpack. They disappeared into the thicket but even through holograms Lux could identify Ahsoka.

Steela made her way hastily through the wilderness towards their location. The Jedi and Rex were wearing camouflage uniforms and brown cloaks to blend into the environment. Their footsteps were lighter than air as Ahsoka jumped up into the trees and ran ahead to scout what was coming. Anakin and Obi-wan were tense, waiting for something to come out of the trees and attack while Rex lugged the equipment with them. A sudden noise caused the four fighters to freeze and prepare for battle before a young, attractive woman burst through the leaves. "Who are you, friend of foe?" She demanded of them as she sat astride an animal Ahsoka had trouble identifying.

Anakin lowered his cloak and held his arms up in surrender. "We're friends, the Jedi, here to help." His voice rang clear through the jungle as many other soldiers made themselves visible through the wilderness.

Ahsoka jumped to a nearby tree with the blasters still trained on her and copied her Master. "I'm Commander Tano, who are you?" Ahsoka noticed the woman's eyes go wider when she saw her and immediately sensed some sort of hostility towards her.

Still, it dissipated as soon as it appeared. "My name is Steela. Steela Gerrera. I'm one of the fighters you came here to help. Come, we will lead you to our camp." A slight glare was thrown Ahsoka's way but the Togruta ignored it and followed.

As the larger party made their way through the jungle, silence reigned as they were all on alert except for Ahsoka. She was drinking in the natural world Onderon had to offer, knowing that this place meant a lot to Lux and therefore a lot to her. The leaves had holes in them that differed in size and the petals on the flowers were the brightest and boldest of colours. Oranges, reds, blues, pinks and yellows of every shade were blasted in her face as the scent of theses blooms were overwhelming sweet. The flora here was incredible as, Ahsoka was sure, the fauna. She heard their footsteps change from twigs and sticks to dirt and dust as it got in her eyes. Looking up, Ahsoka gave a small gasp as a huge bird flew above them and landed precariously on top of a slim, dusty stone arch that was the entrance towards the rebels encampment. They were here.

A person was sat on top of the large bird although Ahsoka couldn't make them out from down there. The creature in question was red with huge wings and a scaly body. It's talons were the sharpest thing she had ever seen and were a gorgeous colour of orange. The eyes were a vibrant amber and held calculating look to them. The tail was also pretty long and had little orange spikes running along the outside of it. It's underbelly looked softer and smoother with a nice beige colour. "What type of creature is that?" Ahsoka asked Steela who marched on ahead without giving the majestic bird a second glance.

"A Rupling." She replied without turning around as she went to greet the rider of the 'Rupling'. The person in question was a male hardly older than herself or Lux and had the same startling crystal blue eyes as Steela. "This is Saw. One of our best fighters and considers himself our leader although no one elected him." Steela teased him with a smile as she punched him playfully on the arm.

Saw ignored the unprovoked attack and kept his focus on the Jedi. "So you've finally come to help us. It'll be good to have some proper training to actually fight." Ahsoka caught something in his eyes and groaned inwardly. Saw was looking at Anakin in complete awe and respect despite only just meeting him. She had seen that look on many young boys and male teenagers throughout the war. Anakin had a way with people to make them believe all he said and did was wonder and they were in the presence of greatness. An admiration they held for a man known throughout the galaxy as a fearsome, brave, heroic, handsome fighter. He hasn't even said anything yet!

If Anakin picked up on his latest fan, he didn't show it. Instead he got straight to business. "I'm glad because from the looks of things you're going to really need our help if you want a chance to free Onderon." The 'looks of things' were many people milling around and looking curiously at the new arrivals. It didn't look like much of a military staging ground. Still, Ahsoka remained hopeful as she and the others made their way over to the holo-table where Ahsoka caught her first flesh look of Lux in nearly half a year. Then she fainted.

Wow! Cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thankfully on time once more. I'll update again on time most likely again on Tuesday. Until then, adiós.