Work With, Having It

A/n

This next chapter will be focusing only on Lauren so... I hope you enjoy :)

----------

The next morning, Lauren walks down the hallways of the hospital, making her way over to Zayn's office.

Once she's in front of the door, she knocks softly, and seconds later the door swings open revealing Zayn.

"Why did you page me?" Lauren holds up her pager.

"Come in, Dr. Cabello," Zayn says.

Lauren steps past him and into his office as the boy closes the door behind him, locking it.

"You haven't come to see me," Zayn says. He walks up to be behind Lauren as he moves her hair to one side and firmly kisses the side of her neck.

"I told you I've been spending time with my wife," Lauren gets out of his grip.

"Seems it's not working since you guys are arguing," Zayn says.

"Because she's fucking suspicious," Lauren's voice raises.

"It's been a week and a half Lauren. I don't beg and I want you," Zayn wraps his arms around the green-eyed girl again.

He presses her up against him roughly and moves her hair to the side, exposing her neck once again.

Once Zayn starts to kiss her neck, Lauren feels her stomach turn as she begins to get a nauseous feeling.

"Zayn..." Lauren says weakly. She gags and frees herself from the boy's grip once again as she quickly goes over to the trash can and vomits into it.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asks worriedly.

Lauren wipes her mouth and stands up straight as Zayn grabs a water bottle and hands it to her.

"Thank you," Lauren says. She opens it and takes a long drink.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asks again, rubbing the girl's back soothingly.

"I will be," Lauren says. She grabs her aluminum clipboard and flips it open. "I need to go and check on the infants and children," Lauren says.

"I bet they are missing our best pediatrician," Zayn says.

"This is the first time you've mentioned that without giving yourself credit," Lauren says.

"I have a lot of credit to give to myself but..." Zayn trails off. He moves and cups Lauren's chin. "Maybe I'm starting to see your talent and that you could have made it on your own without my help," Zayn says.

Lauren smiles tightly and gets out of Zayn's hold as she leaves his office.

She walks over to the elevators reserved only for the staff as she brings her hospital ID up to the scanner.

The scanner scans the barcode, recognizing it as a staff member as the elevator doors open.

Lauren steps in and presses the floor button reserved only for infants and children, separated from the teenager, adult, and elderly patients who have their reserved floor as well.

Lauren can say that Malik Edenbrook Hospital has climbed the ladder of being one of the best hospitals in the world, one because the count on how many people's lives were saved are high but also the inside of the hospital is luxurious and beautiful.

Finally, the elevator comes to a stop as the doors open and Lauren steps out.

"Good morning, Dr. Cabello," Ally says.