An Unforgettable Past

"Hi. It's me. Your Shawnie," Shawn says.

"Shawn. What are you doing here?" Camila asks.

"Having a good time," Shawn says.

He moves closer to the brunette, causing Camila to take a step back.

"Stay away from me, Shawn," Camila says.

The boy frowns as he orders a margarita for him and Camila.

"Why did you order two?" Camila asks.

"I want to share a drink with you. It's been so many years since we last saw each other. Since middle school," Shawn says.

"And there's a good goddamn reason why," Camila says.

Shawn looks down at the bar counter as he remembers what happened between the two.

"I know you forgave me but I don't know if I can forgive myself not then, not even now," Shawn says.

Camila bites her lower lip as one of the bartenders sets her whiskey glass in front of her.

"I forgave you because that's just who I am. But for what you did, is the reason why our childhood friendship got ruined," Camila says.

Despite not wanting to be close to the boy, she moves and sits down on one of the bar stools as Shawn follows.

"What happened to you? I never heard from you since when I moved houses and schools," Camila says.

"My parents took me to my hometown in Toronto after everything happened. They wanted to leave before danger came knocking on my front door," Shawn says.

"Well, the neighborhood we lived in, everyone was united, a family. One thing bad happened to one of us, the rest will protect them no matter from who," Camila says.

The other bartender comes over and sets the two margaritas in front of the two as Shawn takes a long sip from his.

"Well, thank you for the margarita but I should go back to my table," Camila says.

She moves to stand up but Shawn reaches over and wraps his hand tightly around Camila's wrist.

"Don't leave," Shawn says.

The brunette feels her breathing start to quicken as she feels a panic attack rising

"Let me go Shawn before I fucking scream," Camila says.

"No! I couldn't stop thinking about you after you left, I couldn't stop thinking about you after I left to go back to my hometown," Shawn says.

"Shawn!" Camila cries.

"No, Camila, please," Shawn says.

He pulls her against him, his hands traveling down the brunette's sides.

"Hey! Let her go, now!"

Shawn and Camila both look over to see Liam stalking up to them.

"Let her go. I won't say it again," Liam says.

Shawn gets behind Camila holding her against him as the brunette fights to get out of the taller, strong boy's grip.

"Who are you? Are you interested in her as well? Because I'm going to tell you once, she's mine," Shawn says.

"Take your goddamn hands off of her before you regret that you didn't," Liam says. He takes his coat off and throws it to the ground. "Her wife told me to protect her and that's what I'm going to do," Liam says.

He rushes over and before anyone can do anything else he punches Shawn straight in the face making him fall to the ground.

Liam grabs Camila by the arm and he steps in front of her as Shawn touches his nose, his hand coating with blood.