In Question

Camila walks down the stairs the next morning and into the kitchen to see her wife scrolling through her phone and drinking coffee.

"Hey," Camila says.

Lauren looks up at her wife, a grim look on her face. "Hey, Camila," She says.

"What's with that look?" Camila asks. She moves and grabs her mug.

Lauren sets her mug and phone down on the island counter. "Camila... I was watching the early morning news and there was a story on there that caught my attention so I started researching more," Lauren says.

Camila stands across her wife as she furrows her eyebrows. "What was the story about?" She asks.

"Camila... Shawn was killed last night," Lauren says.

The brunette sets her mug down and leans against the counter when she feels like she's about to pass out.

Lauren rounds the counter and catches her wife in her arms when Camila stumbles.

"He... Oh my God!" Camila cries into her wife's shoulder.

Lauren wraps her arms tight around Camila, letting the brunette cry.

After crying more, Camila pulls away as she grips Lauren's shirt.

"He did awful things to me but... He used to be my best friend and he didn't deserve to die," Camila says.

"I know he didn't," Lauren says.

"Are there any suspects?" Camila asks.

"No, but some of his other victims have spoken out and the cops are questioning them and their parents," Lauren says.

"Do you think they will be questioning me?" Camila asks.

"Most likely yes. And since he was killed here in Miami and you are his only victim from here then we should probably expect them coming at some point," Lauren says.

Once that left her mouth, the doorbell rings as both girls look over and then back at each other.

"That's probably the cops," Lauren says.

"Let's go open it," Camila says.

They grab their mugs and set them on the coffee table in the living room before walking over to the front door.

Lauren unlocks it and opens the door to see a police detective and two officers behind him.

"Good morning. I am Detective Rose and I'm here to speak with Mrs. Camila Cabello. Are you her?" Detective Ramos says to Lauren.

"No, I am," Camila steps out from behind the green-eyed girl.

"Who are you then, ma'am?" Detective Rose looks back over at Lauren. 

"I'm her wife, Lauren Cabello Jauregui," The green-eyed girl says.

"Well Mrs. Jauregui, Mrs. Cabello, can we come in and ask you a couple of questions?" Detective Rose says.

"Of course, come in," Lauren says.

She opens the door wider and the detective and police officers enter as Camila leads them into the living room.

Lauren closes the door and walks into the living room with Camila as both girls take a seat across from them.

"I'm guessing you guys have already heard about the murder of Shawn Mendes?" Detective Rose says, pulling his pen and notepad out.

"Yes, we have," Lauren says.

"Mrs. Cabello, we've looked into the old records and we saw that you were one of Mr. Mendes's victims," Detective Rose looks at Camila.

Undiscovered TruthsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara