Confrontation

"Okay, so... murder weapon. What's next?" Camila asks.

"Ariana, was it? You sure you don't know where Grace can be?" Detective Rose looks at the college student.

"I already said no. I just came to give this to the police. I don't want any part of this," Ariana says.

"Ariana, if she is threatening you to not tell us where she is, I promise you, you and your family will be safe. Please, tell us anything you know about Grace's whereabouts," Detective Rose says.

"There could be a place but she won't go there, I know about it, Grace isn't stupid," Ariana says.

"What is this place?" Detective Rose asks.

"There's this abandoned construction site behind the college that a lot of us students go to you know... Fuck... And Grace and I always went there when we wanted to just get away from all the bullshit. She could be there," Ariana says.

"I'll just ignore the part where you guys are all trespassing," Detective Rose says. He stands up and motions Ariana to do so as well. "You are coming with me," He says.

"To where?" Ariana asks.

"To the abandoned construction site," Detective Rose says.

"I... Okay," Ariana sighs heavily and stands up.

Detective Rose looks at Camila and Lauren. "I'll stay in touch," He says.

Ariana and Detective Rose leave as Lauren and Camila sink into the couch.

"As much as I know that Grace needs to serve time for what she did, I don't want her to," Camila says.

"Oh, I got an idea. If we can convince everyone that Grace is mentally ill they will send her to a mental hospital instead of jail," Lauren says.

"I don't want to do that either but... Better than having her in that place," Camila says.

"And I am a pediatrician. I can explain the Electra Complex illness," Lauren says.

"You said doctors and scientists do not believe in that anymore," Camila says.

"Yes. But I didn't say it's not completely impossible," Lauren says.

Camila lets out a heavy sigh and covers her face with her hands as she leans forward and rests her elbows on her thighs.

"I suppose you know more about this than I do," Camila says.

Lauren moves and kneels in front of her wife. "I will do anything to keep our daughter away from that place," She says.

"And I will too," Camila says. The brunette's phone dings and she pulls it out. "It's... A text from Grace," Camila says.

"What does it say?" Lauren moves and sits down next to her wife.

"'Come to this address. Only you and mother. Nobody else'," Camila reads.

Lauren takes in a deep shaky breath. "We're not going are we?" She says.

"We have to get to her before the police do," Camila says.

"Fuck... Okay," Lauren says.

"Let's go," Camila stands up.

"Wait... I have a bad feeling about this," Lauren stands up.

Camila winces at the thought of all the possible things that can go wrong.

The brunette takes her wife's hands in hers and brings them up, softly kissing her knuckles multiple times.