Unwanted Discovery

The next morning, Lauren has just finished getting ready for work when Camila walks into their room.

"Hey, you feeling better?" Camila rolls up the sleeves of her long sleeve, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Much better. The soup you made me helped," Lauren says.

"So, you are sick?" Camila walks over and places the back of her hand against Lauren's forehead.

"Why do you say that?" Lauren asks.

"Because the soup I made you..." Camila says, dropping her hand, "Is a remedy my mom made for me when I was sick."

"Oh... No wonder it looked and smelled familiar," Lauren says.

"If you're sick why are you going to work?" Camila asks.

"I... I..." Lauren stutters. Because I'm not sick and I'm pregnant with my boss's kid... She thought to herself.

"Come on. You know I'll take care of you," Camila grabs both of Lauren's hands.

"I know you will but trust me... I'm feeling better. Already thanks to you and that soup you made," Lauren says.

"If you're sure," Camila says

"I love you, Camila," Lauren says.

"I love you too, mi amor," Camila says.

"I have to go," Lauren says.

"Before breakfast is even served? Alfred is probably done cooking it," Camila says.

Lauren holds back her gag and instead smiles at her wife. "I'll eat something at work," She says.

"Promise?" Camila says.

"I promise," Lauren says. She gets out of her wife's grip on her hands and grabs her things.

Camila opens their bedroom door and both girls walk down the stairs.

By the front door, Lauren grabs her car keys and turns to face her wife.

"Have a great day at work," Camila says.

"And you too. I hope you can write some pages for your book today," Lauren says.

"Oh... Yeah. I guess I've been a little occupied with my family," Camila frowns.

Lauren cups Camila's chin and kisses her frown away. "Get some work done baby," She says.

"I will," Camila nods.

Lauren kisses her wife once again before opening the front door, walking out, and closing it behind her.

At the hospital, Lauren immediately makes her way to Zayn's office, and once she is outside, without knocking, walks in.

"Hey! Whoa! Who said you can barge into my office like that," Zayn says from his desk.

"What are you trying to hide? Yanking your chang?" Lauren raises an eyebrow.

"Why would I hide that from you? But I'm your boss, and also, ever heard of knocking?" Zayn says.

"Oh, I have. But I need to talk to you, seriously," Lauren says.

"About?" Zayn scratches his beard, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm pregnant, Zayn," Lauren says.

Zayn just stares at Lauren with a calm demeanor but inside, he's freaking out. "Camila's," Zayn says.

"What?" Lauren's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "No, it's not."

Zayn stands up abruptly and walks over to Lauren. "It's Camila's," He says.