Prologue

The night before the great tragedy was all too quiet. Somehow, no one saw it coming. Peace in paradise could never last, though everyone tried to remain in their hopes and dreams, praying that paradise would be okay. As the corruption spread, they started realizing that wouldn't be the case. Slowly but surely, one by one, they could only hope for a hero, someone to save them from the scourge that wiped the planet.

In one of the overrun towns, hid Y/N. The Pink demons swarmed the town, infecting anyone and anything they came in contact with. Y/N could only watch as people they once knew were all turned. They stared out their window as their former friends wandered the streets, searching for someone unlike themselves. As the day drew on into night, Y/N started feeling more confident. Soon, they decided to brave the pink monsters.

Grabbing a flashlight and a knife, Y/N prepared themself for what they were about to do. They took one last look at their home, before stepping outside into the cold night. They wandered down the streets, now empty. As they moved, shuffling in the silence could be heard. Y/N couldn't tell if it was themself or someone else. The wind picked up as they moved through the city, hoping, praying, that their best friend was okay. Footsteps trailed behind them, but were muffled by wind and leaves crunching on the ground.

One of the Pink husks stood behind them, watching with intent. Y/N turned, facing the empty void of the streets. They kept going, making it to their best friend's house. Their door was locked, windows broken, something bad happened here. Y/N climbed in through the window, unaware of the Corrupted husk right behind them. The whole living room was trashed, glass shattered on the floor. As they ascended the stairs, memories torn and shattered everywhere, they prayed to find an oh so familiar shape. Walking down the upstairs hallway, they looked through the rooms, coming across one they knew well. They knocked on the door, hoping for a reply.

"Who is it??" A concerned voice whispered from inside.

"It's Y/N! Please let me in!!" Y/N shouted back.

"W-wait, Y/N?? hold on, how do I know you aren't corrupted?"

"I-I'd think it's a little obvious I'm not, for one i'm not neon pink..."

Y/N's best friend opened the door slightly, staring at their friend for a second before pulling them inside, locking the door behind them. Y/N's friend pulled them into a bear hug, holding them close. They soon tugged away, looking each other in the eyes.

"Please, promise me you won't trust any of those demons... I-I don't want to see you get hurt." They begged Y/N.

Y/N smiled in response, "I promise."

That was when they both heard something they never wanted to, the front door crashing down.

They both knew they didn't have much time until they were found by the monsters...