Chapter Nine, Bandages

I ran out of the woods, the trees swaying in the cold wind. I looked around, I was desperate.

I don't know why I care so much.

I ran off to my home, the lights still on. My brother was probably still there, but now I didn't have time to worry about that.

There were other things on my mind.

I rushed up to the backdoor, trying to push it open. The metal handle was frigid,it was like it was made entirely of ice. I managed to crack the door open, slinking my way inside. I took him with me.

I left the door open as I rushed up the stairs, trying to get to my room as fast as possible. I heard some noises from downstairs, that would've been close.

Too close.

I rushed into my room, pushing my way inside. I went up to my bed, setting Cubic gently on it. He looked so... peaceful? I stared for a minute, quickly looking away.

Now is not the time to get distracted.

I went up to my bedside table, rummaging through it. I know I had what I'd need in there, well, I hope I do anyway.

I pulled the bandages I had from so many Years ago out of the many things I've collected over the years. They were slightly dusty, but overall fine. I went back up to Cubic, standing over his limp form. I started to try and wrap up his wound as best as I could, trying to avoid his blood.

I didn't want to get corrupted and not be able to help him.

I eventually got the bandages around him, his blood starting to stain them. I sighed heavily, he'll be okay... right?

I hope he will.

I sat down beside him, petting his hair gently. The strange static electric feeling never seemed to go away, no matter where it was. I stared, he was so delicate when he was asleep, so peaceful. It was nice seeing him again, even if it wasn't in the best moment.

I'm just glad he's here...

I smiled, I don't know what's been drawing me to him lately. The idea of him. Who he is. It's all so... interesting?

I looked down at him, he breathed shallowly.

He looked like he was dreaming. I wonder what he could be dreaming about. I hope it's good.

I pet him a bit more, I didn't realize I was blushing until I stopped, the warm feeling in my face and heart not going away. I stood up, going into the bathroom to wash off my face. I think I should stay home and keep an eye on him, just in case.

I stood in front of the mirror, staring back at my own reflection. I just hope that he's okay, that's all. I washed off my face, the deeper colors fading so gently into my skin.

Why am I feeling like this? Especially around him?

☆: Last chapter of this year, Happy new years everybody! I hope your year goes well!:☆