Chapter Ten, Heavy Dreams

☆: The Cubic nightmare chapter Yaaay!:☆

Cubic's eyes opened, staring out into the silence and stillness. He looked around, finding himself in a place he didn't recognize.

A black pit he'd never seen before.

A part of him started to panic, the darkness holding him tightly but loose enough for him to move. He didn't know where he was, or what was going on.

He didn't even know if he was alive...

He looked around more and more, scenery starting to fade in from the darkness. Trees, snow, and a house he didn't recognize. He looked around, now in this strange place. The house looked empty from the outside. Lights still on, but nobody there. He looked around for a second, trying to figure out what was going on. It didn't seem right.

The cold air hit him, but he didn't feel it.

He must be dead... right?

Why can't he feel anything?

He looked around more before stepping into the house, pushing the sliding glass door open. He looked around the home, dust settling on the counter tops of the kitchen. He looked up at the flight of stairs connecting to the hallway that went out from the kitchen.

If he was really dead, he had nothing to lose, right?

He walked up the stairs, calling out to anybody who might be there. Nobody called back. The house was silent, only the sounds of snow patting on the window and the creaks of the floorboards filling the void. He got to the top of the stairs, a maze of hallways right in front of him. He slowly walked down it, treading carefully.

He walked up to one of the doors, the only one not unopened. He reached out and touched the handle, it was cold, but not freezing.

He hesitated for a minute, a feeling of dread washing over him. He stared for a second before opening the door. He looked inside for a bit, it was almost empty. In the middle of the room there was a bed, and on the bed, Y/N.

He stared, now worried.

Why was Y/N here? Did they die too?

Even though he felt somewhat afraid, he started to approach them anyway. A feeling of calmness always washed over him when he looked at them.

He reached out, touching their shoulder. They turned, looking at him and smiling.

"Y-Y/N? What's going on? Where are we?" He asked, his voice wavered a little bit.

To be honest, around them, he didn't want to pretend anymore.

"What do you mean?" They asked. They didn't sound right, but he couldn't put his finger on why.

"This place doesn't seem right... A-are we dead?" He asked, now more worried.

"Cubic, it's okay." They smiled at him.

He looked down, feeling his face somewhat heat up a little. He loved the way they talked. The way they smiled at him. The way they weren't afraid of him despite their differences.

He didn't understand what he was really feeling...

They reached out, grabbing Cubic's hand. They felt so soft... not like him. They pulled him a little bit closer, leading him to their bed. He sat down beside them, his face still Burning up. He didn't understand what was happening.

They held his hand for some time after that before looking back at him, a candy-sweet smile on their face. They reached out, touching his cheek softly. They stared into his eyes. He softened to their touch, never feeling anything like this before. He looked away, feeling a little embarrassed.