Chapter Twenty One, Escape

☆TW - Implied death, Serious injury -☆

I laid on the bed, trying to be as still as possible. I slowly moved, trying not to shake the bed too much. I felt my heart beat out of my chest, fear wrapped around me.

I couldn't mess this up.

I pushed myself into the bed, trying to get enough space in between me and the binds. My hands pressed against the metal beams on the sides of the bed.

The space was just big enough.

I summoned my weapon right in that gap.

I held my breath, trying not to yelp as blood dripped from my hand. My weapon dug into my skin painfully. I drew in a deep breath, piercing the binds with the weapon.

I drug my weapon through the fabric, the pain alleviating. I kept cutting, the binds opened up, falling limp to the side. I began to snip the other binds around the rest of my body, trying to keep my calm, trying to keep steady. As the last bind fell, I slowly pulled myself to the edge of the bed, sitting upright.

I sat there for a moment, staring at the wound on my hand. I looked to my side, pulling one of the torn binds off of the metal beams on the bed. I slowly wrapped it around my wound, trying my best to cover it up. It stung, and I gritted my teeth through the pain.

I didn't have time to be hurt.

I had to find Cubic.

I slowly stood up, stretching finally. My body felt sore from the hours laying there, trapped. I looked around, my eyes landing on the door. I stepped up to it, its shiny metal rims glistening in whatever light was around. I touched its surface, looking for a handle.

It didn't have one.

I touched the seam where the two parts of the door met, it was sleek metal, held together by who knows how much force.

I sighed, worry in my mind.

I turned, looking at everything in the room. Most of it just being common surgical tools, no control panels or buttons in sight.

Then, an idea popped into my mind.

A distraction.

I looked around the room again, my eyes darted around, eventually landing on the knocked over table on the ground. I stepped towards it, picking it up.

I held it close to my body as I pressed myself into the darkness by the door.

I had to wait until somebody came by.

I sat there, for what felt like hours, just waiting, time ticking by slowly in my mind.

How long until he is 'fixed'?

I felt my stomach churn at the idea. I tried to take my mind off of it as fast as I could, the sound of someone walking by echoed softly through the door.

I threw the table against the adjacent wall, trying to make as much noise as possible.

I heard the footsteps stop, quickly coming back to the doorway. I pressed myself up against the wall beside the door, trying my best to stay hidden. The blast door opened slowly, the corrupt stepping inside cautiously. He looked around the dark room, trying to search for the source of the sound.

He didn't even think to turn around.

I stepped close to him, watching as he approached the bed. His eyes widened in fear, as he realized what had happened. He reached to his chest, pulling the small star off of himself.

He was going to contact C/F/N.

I have to do something.

I rushed him, throwing him into the bed. His star fell to the floor.