Chapter Twenty, New Understandings

Cubic struggled against the other corrupts, his heart pounding. His mind was barely awake from whatever they did to him before. He looked around the room he was in, trying to remember where they had taken him. As he fought, his mind woke up, and he began to remember what base he was in.

Base 78.

The hospital.

Slight panic filled him, and he darted to the side, trying to run down the main corridor to the door. He had to get out.

He was in more danger than he had thought.

He rushed down the hallway, nearly getting halfway there.

Then, he felt himself get thrown against the floor, a large, crushing force holding him down. 4 soldiers kept him there, holding him to the ground. He struggled, trying to get out of their grip.

He felt them inject something new into him.

He tried to resist it, but after a few moments he felt himself become weaker.

He had to struggle, not for himself, but for them.

For Y/N.

One of the soldiers grabbed onto his jacket, pulling at him to get him to move. He gripped onto the floor, corners, anything, but it wasn't enough.

They pulled him up to the entrance of a small room, the door clicking before sliding open. He felt himself get thrown against a wall, the sound of the door slowly sliding shut again echoed around him. Cubic tried to pull himself up off of the ground, every movement feeling stunned, delayed, like he was dreaming.

Even he knew this wasn't a dream.

He looked around the desolate room, a single light hung above him, giving the room a slightly darkened appearance. A large mirror sat right in front of him, his own reflection staring at him, distorted from the cracks in the mirror.

He turned to the door, its dull appearance snapping him out of it. He stared, blood stains on the door made his heart sink, fear filling his mind.

It made him worry.

If this was his fate, what were they doing to Y/N?

He slowly stood up, his legs shaking under his own weight. Everything felt numb for him.

He growled, thoughts of his only friend starting to fill the empty void of his sedated mind.

He rushed up to the door, hitting it as hard as he could. He kept trying, he had to try.

He had to find Y/N.

Another tear mark fell down his face as he thought of them, of how scared they must be, how alone they must feel.

How hurt they could be.

"You monsters!" He shouted, his hands now starting to bleed from hitting the door. "Where are they!? Where is Y-Y/N?!" He felt venom on his tongue as he growled, "If you hurt them, I'll make sure you're much more than dead."

He froze, the sound of the intercom turning on made him look around, confused.

"We assure you, Cubic, that your friend is fine." A corrupt spoke, her almost emotionless tone made him feel a strange fear in his chest, one he couldn't explain, "We are just sticking to the plan the doctor had given us."

He froze, "the plan?"

"Oh yes!" Another began, their voice much more cheery, "The plan to bring C/Y/N back! They are a powerful asset-"