Chapter Seven, Missing

I opened my eyes, sunlight shining into them. I blinked and looked around a few times. My faded pink room was so pretty in the sunlight.

Wait... faded?

Where was he?

I jolted up, looking around my room. The corrupted was gone? No. He couldn't be. I looked around frantically, desperately trying to find him. I couldn't. He was gone. I opened my door and started searching for him, going between floors, everything. No luck. Where was he? I went downstairs, going to the lobby. If anything, someone might know where he went. Once I got down there, the first thing I noticed was the crowds of people, worried parents and Their kids.

"A corrupted was here! Don't you see the ground is pink?"

"Are we even safe here?"

"How do you think this place is gonna hold up if a corrupted attacks, huh? They'll destroy everything. That's all they do!"

I stared from the side, seeing everyone yelling just to get their points across. My boss looked around, slightly concerned.

"We-we're gonna be okay! Everyone calm down please. I'll get this all figured out. Its gonna be okay." He shouted, trying to make sure he was heard within the commotion.

He looked back at me, and ran over. "Y-Y/N! I think a corrupted got in. I need to-"

"Uh.... Well... about that.. um..." I looked down at the floor. He got a confused look in his eyes.

"W-we should talk about it somewhere else. C'mon." He beckoned me to go into the backrooms.

I followed through. Once we were in there, he closed and locked the door behind us. He stared and sighed, before turning to me.

"We should talk here, for privacy reasons." He smiled.

I sighed, looking down. "I-I know what happened. A corrupted didn't break in."

"Then what happened?" He sat down on one of the chairs, still looking at me.

"Y'know that corrupted that we were keeping in the safe room?" I stared.

"Yeah... why is that- wait... did you let him out?" He stared, a very confused and worried look in his eyes.

I nodded, hearing him sigh. He stood up, walking over to me.

"Y/N, please don't ever do that again. You realize we could've all been in danger if he just chose to attack one of us, right?" He stared, I just looked down and nodded.

"He- he was just so nice a-and I was starting to trust him. I didn't think he would- y-y'know...." I looked down, feeling a pit form in my stomach.

My boss only sighed for a second, pulling himself back together. He looked up at me. "I understand that he seemed nice, but you should know that corrupts are unpredictable. They might care about someone but they're still a virus." He stared, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, kid. I understand where you're coming from. How about we clean up this mess, I'm pretty sure the people are gone by now." He smiled, I smiled back slightly.

We eventually got back out of the back rooms, I went upstairs, my footsteps heavy on the stairs. People between floors whispered with each other, like kids spreading rumors.

I got to my room, grabbing my work outfit. I put it on and sat there on my bed for a minute. I felt tears pricking at my eyes, they only disappeared once I remembered that I had to be around people again. I looked at the bed that he was on, it was still a soft pink color. I looked down, going to the door. I opened it, getting ready to begin another day at work.

Maybe one day I'll see him again.

I just hope he's okay.