Chapter Eight, Snowfall

Two months have gone by since I've seen Cubic. It's now winter and I'm still just as worried. Where is he? Is he okay? Did he hurt anyone?

Please tell me he's okay...

My boss noticed that I've been worried and offered to help me multiple times to try and find him, but I know he's long gone by now.

Right?

Where in the world could he be?

I stared out my window at the falling snow, the sky looked so deep, so alone. The pinkish hues now faded from the sky. I stood up, going downstairs into the cold hallway. I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat before I headed out. My brother sat at the table, playing on his phone. It was so quiet.

"Hey Y/N, you gonna go out to find your boyfriend?"

I paused, my face flushing darker hues "he is NOT my boyfriend."

"Aww, you know you love him!" He laughed.

"Shut up! No one asked you." I yelled.

"Don't fight you two!" Mom yelled from the living room, somewhat annoyed.

"He started it!" I yelled, he only laughed.

I looked at him, giving him the death glare before going back up to my room to get ready to go to work. I got up there, my brother already laughing his ass off downstairs. I put on my work outfit and a jacket, grabbing my backpack. I walked up to my door, leaving my room without a second thought.

I got outside, the cold air peppering my face. I started walking through the dense snow. It was so peaceful and serene, like nothing could hurt me. I kept going, I couldn't help but keep thinking about what my brother said. I looked up, the branches of the empty trees swayed in the wind. The snow fell around me, I almost didn't notice the change in color on the ground. The faded pink leading down one path. I paused, worry filling me. Another corrupted? None were seen around here recently.

Something called me down that path anyways. It didn't feel right.

I soon understood what drew me there.

Him.

He laid against a tree, a large wound on his chest bleeding bright pink. I rushed over to his barely conscious form. He looked up at me loosely, though not saying much. The snow started to fall harder around me.

He struggled to stay in control.

I picked him up, leaning his cut away from me so I don't get corrupted too. He fell limp in my arms, still breathing. I started to run through the snow the best I could, being slowed down. The howls of animals surrounded me as I ran back to my home.

It didn't take long until I saw the end of the forest.