Chapter one, Newcomers

I stared blankly at the wall, memories of that day still fresh in my mind. It felt so close, yet so far all at the same time. I was snapped out of my trance by my boss, patting my shoulder, he seemed very concerned...

"You doing alright, kiddo?"

"O-oh, yeah! I'm fine!" I chirped happily. He stared at me a little worried, not believing it.

"Okay, if you say so..." he walked out.

I sighed, re-taking in my surroundings. The backrooms, my hiding spot and second home. I looked into the boss's room as he was typing away on his computer. He turned, smiling at me.

"Oh, by the way, we might have some new guests staying here for a while. Some caretakers and their heros or something." He smiled.

"Okay! What rooms will they be staying in?" I smiled.

"105, 127, and 101." He responded.

With a smile on my face, I patiently waited for them, greeting the few customers that came by and helping people to their rooms. It was all really simple. Why would caretakers come here, though? This place isn't very ideal, it's pretty large, what if their heros get lost or something? Can heros even get lost? I decided not to think much about it. Waiting until the newcomers walked through the door.

To my luck, they came pretty soon after. I walked out the backrooms greeting them with a smile.

"Hello! Welcome to the Trichromatic Lodge! Let me help you to your rooms." I smiled.

They all were pretty nice, following me to the rooms. I think the purple one is their leader, but I don't really know. After getting them settled in, I couldn't help but notice one of them. He was pretty shy, but the most noticeable thing for me was the pink patch on his side. I felt a few beads of sweat form on my forehead, but thankfully no one noticed. As I started walking back, the feeling of dread lingered behind me. Did my boss seriously let a corrupted stay here?? Doesn't he know how dangerous that is?

As I walked downstairs, I started feeling a bit calmer. Still wondering why he'd let a corrupted in. No one was waiting at the front desk, so I walked into the backrooms, searching for him. He was easy to find, sitting in his office on his computer. I stepped inside, knocking on the wall. He glanced over, smiling.

"Do you need anything, Y/N?" He smiled.

"Yeah, uh, about that group that's staying here-"

"Yeah? What about 'em?" He stared, a little confused.

"You realize one of them is a little corrupted?" I stared, concerned.

"Well, of course kiddo. Poor kid seems pretty nervous about it himself..."

I sighed, "A-arent you even a little bit worried that it might take over him? That he might-"

"Well of course, kiddo." He cut me off. "Of course I'd be a bit worried, but I don't think it's anything too major, besides he's a caretaker, he can manage himself." He looked back at his work. "You don't have to be worried, trust me." He smiled.

"O-okay, I will. Sorry to bother you, boss." I whispered the last part, looking down.

"Not a problem, Y/N. You should get to the front desk, there's probably someone there by now." He laughed.

I walked back out of his room and the backrooms, attending to people the rest of the day. I walked to the front doors as the moon started rising, locking up for the night. I started walking back to the backrooms, my footsteps echoing in the empty lobby. I wandered back there, scrolling through my phone, just trying to kill time and to drown out those thoughts that just wouldn't go away.

I wish they would, but I can't shake the feeling like something is gonna go wrong...