Chapter Eighteen, Memories

☆F/N - Friend's name - ☆

The wind blew hard, rattling the trees around me as I stepped carefully through the snow. The forest seemed dead, strangely empty. Snow fell around me as I walked, giving everything a softer look to it. I smiled to myself, trying to push away the strange feeling I felt deep in my heart.

A strange feeling of dread I couldn't put my finger on.

I kept going, the snow slowly becoming denser as I got closer to home. It didn't take long until I was facing my house, its windows tinted with light from inside. I stared for a second before I turned my attention to the rustic little shed. Something seemed wrong, it didn't look like how it normally did.

I felt my stomach drop as I approached, getting closer to the little shed.

I could feel every heartbeat resonate in my chest as I walked closer to it. I put a hand on the door, touching its weathered surface. It calmed me down a little bit, bringing me back to reality. I slipped my hand in the crack, the door seeming a bit more ajar than it did when I had left.

I drew in a small breath, my hand gripping the door's edge. I pulled it open, its hinges squeaking loudly as I did, echoing through the empty little space.

I looked into the small room, my eyes peering through the strange light fog. I glanced around, no sign of Cubic. I stared, taking in another breath before entering. I stepped inside, the floorboards creaking under me. I looked around, the feeling of dread in my heart only getting worse.

"H-Hey Cubic? Y-You there?" I managed to call out, trying to hide my nervousness.

No one replied, the silence was deafening.

"H-Hey? This isn't funny." I spoke, my heart pounded in my chest as fear coiled around me.

The room looked much dustier than it had before, footprints ingrained on the floor near the door. I carefully stepped over the prints, trying not to disturb anything. Soon enough, my attention was drawn to my left, towards the gardening equipment. I couldn't help but feel like everything was slightly out of place somehow, none of it looking quite right.

I could only hope my mind was playing tricks on me.

I continued inwards, my eyes glancing to anything that could be a clue to where the small corrupt went.

My shoe soon hit something sharp, causing me to look down at it.

A part of the floorboards was broken.

I bent down, looking around the area. I touched the shattered floorboards, their wooden splinters threatening to cut me. I looked closer, pink threads littered around the edges.

They were the same color as his jacket.

I froze, everything feeling like it was starting to fall apart. Fear rushed through my mind as I continued to stare, more questions coming up than answers.

Then, I saw the shadow looming over me.

I felt my heart drop, causing me to panic more.

I tried to turn around, fear coiled around me, almost suffocating any thoughts I had.

I was stopped, a strange force throwing me into the wall behind me.

I now faced the figure, their pinkish hue staining the walls around them.

That's when the sudden pain hit, bleeding through my side. I touched the area with my hand, instinctively holding it. I felt my blood pool out around the strange needle lodged in my side.

The corrupt slowly approached, a small smile on their face. Shadows covered their form, the glistening of their eyes being one of the few things I could see.