O N E

I will hopefully post a chapter every Friday, but I do have my A/Ls in May so my schedule might go out of whack sometimes:)

•••

"I know baby, but please, mama is tired." Harry sighed. They were finally leaving the US and flying back to Harry's motherland.

"Okay mama. I sorry," she apologized and went quiet as she walked beside Harry who had a slight limp due to the prosthetic cutting into his flesh after having worn it for so long.

He took a deep breath and walked through the airport security. The metal detector beeped loudly and Harlow's hands flew to cover her ears, cowering. Harry quickly stepped back and pulled her ear muffs over her ears, blocking the noise. "You will need to step to the side, sir," the beta guard said.

Harry sighed and lifted his pant leg. He could feel the eyes on him, the twist in scents moving towards sympathy and some to disgust.

The beta guard's eyes widened in sympathy and let him pass through. Harry ignored the looks and took Harlow's hand in his. He moved away from the line after he was allowed to and accompanied Harlow to their gate.

He sat down on a chair and sighed in relief when the pain reduced a bit, but it was still there. "Mama, Barbie?" Harlow asked softly.

Harry smiled before unlocking his phone and giving it to her only after he found 'Barbie as The Princess and the Pauper.'

Harlow sat back quietly and observed the screen. Harry looked down at his little omega daughter with teary eyes. She was always so scared, but so kind. His sweet child had to endure so much pain and it had accumulated, projecting itself as trauma. He moved a stray curl away from her face, tucking it behind her ear. She looked up and gave him a dimpled smile.

He caressed her earlobe softly and moved his hand away, fingers grazing over the permanent scar. Harry moved his hand to touch over his failed bonding mark from when Arnold tried to force it on him, and tears sprang to his eyes as disgust towards himself curled in his stomach.

He willed the tears away because he could not afford to be weak. He needed to be strong for Harlow. They were on their own now. He applied for a job and only upon being accepted, did he decide to move back to England.

The flight he booked was relatively empty considering it was a flight on a weekday during off-peak. Harlow giggled at something that was said in the movie.

A few minutes passed and his back went rigid. He could smell an alpha very close by and his brain and omega went into high alert, hyper aware of the alpha's movement.

There was a tap on his shoulder and he jumped and moved away slightly in fear. He turned around to see a frowning alpha looking back at him. His blue eyes swam with concern, and he seemed to want to say something, but bit his tongue to stop himself.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, but I think you dropped this," he said, handing over Harlow's ear muffs.

Harry looked at the ear muffs and took them tentatively. "T-Thank you," he stuttered out, forcing a smile.

Louis looked at the omega in front of him, frowning. He had finished a job a week prior and was returning to England. The omega was tall and he looked scared. He had shoulder length curly hair falling around him and he looked like a Prince, ethereal, yet so fearful as if the tiniest motion could shatter him.

Louis gave him a reassuring smile. "You're welcome." He didn't stick around because the omega already looked so scared of his very presence.

He sat in a different row and watched as the omega smiled and talked to the little girl—obviously his daughter— with a watery smile. He couldn't help but frown. The little girl was laughing over something on the screen and he could faintly hear the voice of Barbie and it made him smile softly.