E I G H T

When they reached the living room of the big house, Harry heard laughter. What shocked him more was that it was Harlow's laughter.

His heart burst at the sound, making him stop dead in his tracks which, in turn, made Louis stop. He turned around to face the omega with a frown only to see him smiling. "Harry?"

"She is laughing. I-I have never heard her laugh." He wiped under his eyes as tears of sheer joy pooled there.

Louis smiled. "It is because of you that she feels safe enough to do all of this," he said. Harry shook his head.

"No, I could not protect her."

"You should not have had to fear your own alpha, love. It is not your fault. It is solely his fault," Louis said as he hugged the omega tightly before letting go. "Now, come on. We have to get you something to eat. You know Harlow will not eat if she knows you have not eaten," he reasoned.

Harry nodded, and they continued their way to the living room. Upon their entrance, all chatter ceased, and Harlow jumped to her feet. "Mama!" she exclaimed, happily. Seven pairs of eyes turned to look at Harry, and he squirmed under the attention, but that did not stop him from bending down to hug his daughter.

"Hi, Harly," he greeted, cradling her head. "How are you?"

"I'm happy. How is mama?"

"Mama is good, baby. We have Louis to thank for that," he said smiling up at the alpha.

"Thank you," she said as she pulled away to latch herself onto Louis's legs. Louis cradled her head in his hand, and smiled much to the amusement of his family.

"So...." Lottie said, reminding Louis that there were other people in the room. He cleared his throat, and hoisted Harlow onto his hip. The little omega eagerly hugged Louis.

"Right. Harry these are my sisters, and that's my mother. They're here visiting me. Guys, this is Harry, and this little one here is Harlow," Louis said, tickling Harlow, making her burst into heartwarming giggles.

"I'm Charlotte, but you can call me Lottie," a girl with blonde hair waved at Harry.

"I'm Fizzy, and those are the older twins, Phoebe, and Daisy, and those two over there are Ernest, and Doris," a girl with brown hair introduced everyone apart from the older woman who Harry assumed was Louis's mother.

She walked towards Harry, and even though there was a smile on her face, Harry's instinctive reaction was to take a step back. She faltered, and ceased all movement. Louis merely observed, trusting his mother to not trigger the omega. "My apologies. I did not mean to scare you. I'm Louis's mother. You can call me Jay," she gave a warm smile, and Harry felt a pang in his heart because he had not seen his own mother in so long, and he missed her soft smiles, warm hugs, and kind words.

When Niall had told him that she thought he had completely forgotten them, instead of believing that Harry was in no condition to talk to them, it hurt him so deeply. It was a warm hand against the small of his back that brought him out of his thoughts. He pushed a smile forward, and greeted Jay. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Harry. I am truly sorry for invading your family time." Louis could understand why Harry always apologized even when it was beyond his control because that was what happened when the person who was supposed to love, and protect you chose to hurt you, and break you.

Jay frowned much like everyone else. "Oh no, please do not apologize for something you cannot control," she said.

"Thank you."

"Lou Lou, carry me," a pouting boy raised his hands up at the alpha. Harry looked down to see Ernest begging to be carried.

He slowly bent down, and smiled at the boy. "You have pretty hair," Ernest said, mesmerized by the long locks of brown hair framing Harry's face.