N I N E

TW: Violence

They all fall into a comfortable routine. Louis would take Harry out on dates, and Harlow would stay with Niall, and Shawn. Apart from that, Louis always scented something of his, and gave it to Harry, and the omega preened before placing a shy kiss on Louis's lips.

Louis always picked them up in the morning, played with Harlow, and gave them a lot of attention. Louis himself had given up his hobby. The one he pursued before he had met Harry, and Harlow. The one that wasted his pent-up energy.

Today was no different from any other day or so Harry thought. Louis was on his way to pick them up, and Harry was just locking his apartment door to go downstairs in order to make things a bit more convenient. Why did he have to do that today out of all days? He was so so very stupid.

He whipped around when Harlow whimpered; something he had not heard in over two months. His heart dropped, and fear clouded him when he saw one of Arnold's friends approaching them with clenched fists. Suddenly, Harry's feet were dangling off the floor, and he was struggling to breathe. He hit at the stronger man's hand trying to get it to loosen, but to no avail. He was whimpering, begging for help, but none came. Harlow was crying. "You bitch!" The man snarled in his alpha timbre, and Harry stiffened. "You killed him!" He yelled, grip around Harry's neck tightening. "You think I wouldn't find out!? You killed him! You pathetic omega! What a fucking useless piece of sh-" He was interrupted by a deafening growl that had Harry, and Harlow relaxing much to the offending alpha's-Simon's-confusion.

Simon was pulled off of Harry in one swift motion, and thrown onto the floor. He groaned as his back hit the floor hard. Louis kept growling, pushing Harlow towards Harry, and then stepping in front of them. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Louis grit out, a growl still resonating.

The man let out a cruel laugh. "What I'm doing?! He killed my friend! That pathetic slut killed Arnold! You thought I wouldn't find out!?" He directed at Harry whose heart sank because someone found out the truth, and now Louis knew, and he would think Harry was crazy, and would leave him.

Harry was naive to think that his past would stay where it was, but Simon proved him wrong by showing up on his doorstep. How did he find him? He needed to move. He could not have Arnold's friends coming after him for Harlow's sake. Everything was crumbling to the ground, again, and like the very first time, he felt hopeless, unable to stop everything from going downhill. He found an alpha who did not want to change him, only for his past to destroy the little thing he had for himself.

He came back to reality when Harlow clutched his leg tightly. "Harry, dove go inside, and lock the door. Do not open it if it is not me," Louis demanded fiercely. When Harry did not move, Louis put more force into his words. "Now." That had Harry's feet moving. He quickly unlocked the door, and ushered Harlow inside before going inside himself, and locking the door behind him.

He sank to the floor leaning against the door. "Mama," Harlow whimpered, and Harry pulled her onto his lap, and cradled her against his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Harly," he hiccuped. "I'm so so sorry." He apologized to her for everything going wrong, for the fact that Louis was going to leave them soon, for not being able to protect her, for being such a bad mother, and for being such a bad omega. Tears dripped down his face as silent sobs wracked through his body with Harlow crying in his lap just like when Arnold was still alive.

Outside, Louis clutched the alpha's hair in his arms, and dragged him down the stairs, groans, and curses falling past the alpha's lips. Not a single soul looked their way, and if they did, they spun around, pretending as if nothing occurred, pretending that an alpha was not being dragged out by his hair.